TS2 Mods

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone drilled the cup of a TS2 and installed a tube that drains the scum into a barrel?

Is it possible to buy TS2 cups by themselves???

Reaction score
no I dont believe that you can buy these cups seperately. It could be done if you do it very carefully, but I wont.

It's better to clean the skimmer cup on a daily basis for better performance though. A oil layer builds up and the bubbles seems to struggle to get past them.:)

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
when i am at home the the cup gets cleaned regularly, but when i go away.... like i will be doing in the not too distant future i was hoping to sort out a longer term solution .....

Reaction score
Did that on my old Jebo and it worked very well! First make a guide in the plastic for the drilbit(I used a wood bit) then drill SLOWLY putting not too much pressure on the cup. Just be careful, you can't buy cups for the TS range seperately!;)

Btw, make the hole a bit smaller then your drainpipe and force it in(Not too much force hey!!!) and it will seal itself!

leslie hempel

Sponsor
Reaction score
pics?

Reaction score
Will see if I can find the cup in my "scrap" collection, will post a pic of it tomorrow.

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Waiting for a reply from my LFS and from one of the sponsors on that exact question.... Not so very much of keen to drill my TS2 if i cn not get a replacement

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I tried to get a new cup for my TS3 after I smashed the neck off :( Couldn't get one though, maybe that's changed, let us know please Neil, thanks :)

Ocean

Lazy Sea Slug
Reaction score
I made a pipe incase of the skimmer going wild, i heated a scewer then pushed threw a hole, put a plastic air pipe threw then used super glue to seal it. I put the pipe quite high in the cup as to only overflow in an emergence, not to replace cleaning.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
I made a pipe incase of the skimmer going wild, i heated a scewer then pushed threw a hole, put a plastic air pipe threw then used super glue to seal it. I put the pipe quite high in the cup as to only overflow in an emergence, not to replace cleaning.
Sounds great! Got any pics of the mod Jason?

Neil H

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
what diameter pipe did you use? I would think that it would have to be of the order of 10mm ID in order not to get blocked?????

i agree, pics would be great !