TS 1 skimmer Help please

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by Zandy, 18 Oct 2013.

1. Zandy

Zandy

Hi guys, does anybody have a spare old non working otp1000 reef octopus turbine pump lying around. I managed to get some spares but are now indeed short of the part circled in the photo. PLEASE help. Or perhaps suggest a DIY solution regarding this. Perhaps @RiaanP has an idea how to get this working ????

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zandy

Zandy Thread Starter

Photo (marked the part missing)

part1.jpg

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

It is really simple in concept, but the design they made got something like an inner collar / ring / space, so that the air can go around the water stream and be sucked in. Just an air hose into the water as in the old original design will also work, but due to the airline being in the water stream, it impacts the flow rate. Basically the way some Koi damns use a venturi on the outlet of a pump to air-rate the water.

Somewhere somebody should be able to help you. As far as I know you do get this part on replacement pumps.

5. Zandy

Zandy Thread Starter

I actually did not want to buy a replacement pump. Ahhh well lets hope some MASA member has one lying around somewhere !!!! Please spread the word !!!

6. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

I bought two of those separately, although it was a few years ago, have you asked your LFS? If not then ask the guys from Aquarium Depot, see if they still sell them separately.

7. Zandy

Zandy Thread Starter

@aquatas do you perhaps have a spare part like i need please?

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts