Troublesome clowns

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Furbz, 20 Aug 2013.

1. Furbz

Furbz

Hi guys,
    I have a pair of clowns n my system, my problem is they love hosting my rear corners.
    They even bring food a spit it not the corner!
    I have put nets in the tank in each corner to scare them away, but they then just go and host my power heads!
    Any ideas on how to get them o host in my rock or anywhere else that looks more natural?

Thanks!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. archiecrain

archiecrain

You could add a coral that may attract them (not always an anemone clowns are silly and host about anything)

I would just accept them as they are, you cant change their behaviour.....they go were they feel comfortable.

4. shan

shan

sorry, i just had a good laugh

the problem is that they going to do what they want. Even if you have a nennie in there, they may still find the corner more attractive. Thats the thing with nature, you cannot control it no matter how you try.

You could rearrange your rocks and powerheads - so they think they in a different enviroment and therefore may try to host something else - but then again this is a shot in the dark - may or may not work.

Good luck

5. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

have you tried a stern talking to??

Clowns always have their own ideas on where to host and i dont think we can do much about that.

6. Braco

Braco

Just to give you an idea..i had a nennie..and some green hair algae...and what does my clowns decide to host in other than the nennie..my GHA...can you believe it..i got rid of the nennie..and got my parameters incheck..no more GHA...now they host my front corner as well..(i throw my hands in the air) clowns like to clown around...excuse the pun..:p

7. NickW

NickW

I had clowns that did the same thing, built a completely new tank and first thing they moved to host the corners again. So not sure rearranging your rock work will do any justice.

I think your best bet will be to let them do their thing in the corner.

I have 2 clowns now, 1 hosts under the leather coral so you cant see him, and the other hosts between the leather coral (ontop) and the GSP.

8. Furbz

Furbz Thread Starter

Lol.
    I just swapped tanks.
    They were hosting by a power head in the old tank. Now by the rear corner.

I got home now to find them hosting in-between the rear corner and the net. So much for the scary net!
    Saw some snowflake clowns today at the LFS, awesome but not R1500 worth of awesome!

Anyone want to sell me some snowflake clowns and cut me a deal? ;)

Recent Posts