Tropic Marin bio-calcium

Reaction score
I got this with the tropic marin calcium test kit today for R300, thought that was a good deal. How do you work out your tanks volume with LR, DSB, skimmer, pumps etc. I have approx. 40kgs of LR. Tank including sump volume without everything in is 246L.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Don't be too concerned about calculating the exact volume - just use 80% of your measured volume, and you should be pretty close.

I got some of the Bio calcium powder with my test kits as well. I think it's actually calcium acetate. It works very well, and it's handy to just add the powder to the overflow water, but it is much too expensive for me to use (and with my tank's calcium demand the three tins I got were used up in a matter of weeks.

Hennie

Totally agree, the bio-calcium is a great product, as it doesn't effect the pH. But BIG $$ doesn't make it viable.

I wouldn't worry to much about the volume as it is difficult to overdose on this product.

Work on 230 L for calculations

was also using bio calcium (liquid) for while,but too damn expensive to use on a heavily stocked tank.glad my Carx is up and running again

Back
Top Bottom