Trigger getting bigger

joe

Reaction score
Good day
I bought a a small (3-4cm)Niger Trigger about 2 months ago , since then it has grown quite fast and is now about 6cm My system is 1.2m *450mm*550mm .Im afraid he will get big too quickly , should i keep him or would it be better to get trid of him now? The fish is really healthy and im not to keen on letting him go.
Thanx

alot of people will be against it,but i'll personall keep it

;) It will definantly be easier getting rid of him now, not many people want a big niger? An he wont stop growing in your tank, so moral of the story is eventually it would be cruel keeping him in that tank, he will just be too big(it will take a while though) So IMO dont be in a rush to sell him, but keep your options open...

No problem, most people start flaming me when I tell them tanks are too small...
BIG UP FOR NOT FLAMING:thumbup: :thumbup:

;) It will definantly be easier getting rid of him now, not many people want a big niger? An he wont stop growing in your tank, so moral of the story is eventually it would be cruel keeping him in that tank, he will just be too big(it will take a while though) So IMO dont be in a rush to sell him, but keep your options open...
Can't really add much to that. I would advise trying to find him a new home asap, maybe see if the lfs will buy him back from you, or you could just get yourself a bigger tank :whistling:

Can't really add much to that. I would advise trying to find him a new home asap, maybe see if the lfs will buy him back from you, or you could just get yourself a bigger tank :whistling:

Well now that u mention it a bigger tank wouldnt be a bad idea.... now to convince the wife ;)

Gee thanx Mekaeel , now i realy dont know wot to do . How quick do these fish grow?

Yeah, after seeing the fish in your system I think you are quite fine for now, but, have you done any research on this fish? Any idea how big they get?

Odonus niger
Distribution: Pacific
Length: 22 inches
Diet: Carnivorous
Compatibility: Aggressive

This Triggerfish has no markings on its body and is colored either blue or purple. It originates from the Red Sea and makes an excellent community fish-only tankmate. It is relatively easy to get along with and will enjoy the company of other fish, but usually it is best to introduce the Niger Trigger last. If it thinks it is the King of the tank and you begin to introduce fish into its tank, it may become aggressive. It is a very active fish and loves to swim up and down the front of the glass, or around the surface of the water, waiting to be fed. Make sure it has plenty of rockwork to sleep amongst at night. This fish can often be seen sleeping on its side. The Niger Trigger will accept all foods introduced into the aquarium and will be quite content even with a varied diet of different flake foods. This fish is very easy to care for and is extremely hardy. In the right water conditions it can live many years. This is a popular fish in pet stores and can be found at reasonable prices. You absolutely cannot keep this fish with any corals or invertebrates. Even snails can be devoured.

Well so much for buying on impulse , and now i know why the snail shells are turning up empty . Thanx Mekaeel im definately getting rid of him .

Back
Top Bottom