Travelling Fish

Well my shrimp survived the trip from PE to EL last time :thumbup:, now my sister is going down to PE this weekend and i want her to bring me back 2 ocellaris from the Walmer LFS. From what has been said before they should be fine travelling, but my worry is in the LFS closes before 1pm and she then has to go out for lunch with her fiances family there. How can she keep the fish in the car for the duration of her lunch and the trip home without the water getting to hot in the bag. I had planned to give her a little cooler box to pop the baggy of fish into. Will this be ok?

Well i phoned the LFS in PE and asked them if they could organise a container etc for transporting the fish back to EL that will keep the tem,p constant and the fish happy till they get here, and they were more than willing to help. :thumbup:

Well, for what it's worth --- while I was still flying on our domestic fleet, I used to transport corals/fish from CT to Windhoek --- route were Cape Town -> Oranjemund -> Luderitz -> Walvisbay -> Windhoek. Trip time was about 8 hours from the time they left the LFS until I got home :)

Well, for what it's worth --- while I was still flying on our domestic fleet, I used to transport corals/fish from CT to Windhoek --- route were Cape Town -> Oranjemund -> Luderitz -> Walvisbay -> Windhoek. Trip time was about 8 hours from the time they left the LFS until I got home :)

Wow, Oranjemund has an airport now?? I lived there from 1986-1988 and there was no airport, we had to drive to Walvisbay to catch a plane to Cape Town. :)

Hi Kunhardt I'm about halfway between Durban and Joburg and travel very well with my livestock in these polystyrene boxes that are used for transporting blood samples if u want i can try to get some for you - just organise me an address where i can send it to and i will see what i can arrange

Hi Kunhardt I'm about halfway between Durban and Joburg and travel very well with my livestock in these polystyrene boxes that are used for transporting blood samples if u want i can try to get some for you - just organise me an address where i can send it to and i will see what i can arrange

Thanks for the offer Chikaboo, the PE LFS did say they would supply me a polystyrene box for transporting the fish back here. If i need to transport fish again in the future i will definately get hold of you. :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom