Trap for Unwanted Fish

Reaction score
So I heard I am getting some nice fish soon (Including a Bangaii etc) and I need to get rid of some of the fish in the tank as some of them (Damsels) is really becoming too aggressive towards other inhabitants.
After using all the nets I have, bottles, fish traps, hooks with bait on, I gave up....

So I decided to do it the easy way- I walked to the sump, netted out my Baby and added him to the Main Display- Now I know that the unwanted fish will get caught, unfortunately also some fish I do not want to get rid off, but what the heck, I am getting new Fish (Dean;) )

And meet my fish trap (And Yes, it does work, did it before):

rockodfull.jpg

17 Fishies cruising around in the tank, 17 fishies cruising around, out comes the trap and the fishies are gone, 16 fishies cruising around........

16 Fishies cruising around in the tank, 16 fishies cruising around, out comes the trap and the fishies are gone, 15 fishies around......

Nah, it is a Rockod species, we call it Buthchers Prick cause of his spine s on the side of his gillplates.

Remember long long time ago I had to strip a friends tank and got some fish, nennies and clownfish etc, well this was in his sump, and I felt too bad to kill it and I knew it was not going to survive if I put it back as he had it for about a year in his sump. Time surely flies as this one has been with me now for almost a year. (Lent him out to another local some months ago to help with a tiny problem- 03 days later he brought it back- needless to say the problem was solved.

I did not want to mention it before, as some will say it's cruel/ wrong etc etc, but yes, it does feed out of my hand and really reminds me of my Freshwater Oscars....

At least he has a purpose in my setup- even though it cost me money (Losing fish I paid for), but still worth it. Herkie just loves him and my wife wants to eat him....LoL

Judge Dredd. Awesome eyeball
Sean i see a semi in the back round. This fish will munch on just about all corals big and small.

:lol:
you put a Rockcod in your tank,i put mines in my tummy :lol:

Yeah, but he has a backup (Typical in South Africa nowadays), if he does not do his work properly, then the Blue and Yellow Rockod hiding in the Corner will see to it. But like I said, the Blue Yellow Rockod is just there for backup.....LoL

Judge Dredd. Awesome eyeball
Sean i see a semi in the back round. This fish will munch on just about all corals big and small.[/quote]

Hence the Reason for the Rockods in the Tank:

Bluerockod.jpg

RockodBlue2.jpg

Decided to add the other one yesterday as well, as Hanni is way too slow to my liking... they have a lot of work to do, so hopefully all will be sorted this week and the tank can become "Normal" again:whistling:

dude if you manage to catch the semi some how, i would love to take him off your hands

i catch my fish buy turning off all pumps and getting a ;large net. place food in and around net. fish become used to net. when the desired fish eats out the net, quickly raise the net and take all unwanted fish out.

Back
Top Bottom