Transparent fish found

Reaction score
Howdie.I found what looks like a juvenile convict surgeon,but he is completely transparent.He's in good condition,was difficult to catch looks quite happy but is totally see through.Any ideas why,is this another type of surgeon or does he have a problem?

Here is a quick pic:
672498ec8c86eb1a.jpg

672498ec90edd098.jpg

Hey guys.These two little fish are waiting in a plastic packet!!!!!!!!!:pAny ideas yet?

Looking at the markings, almost sure its a convict, 1 stripe through eye, 4 stripes on body and marking a base of tale.

Hi looking at your wrasse - very similar to red finned wrasse but no red fin on the edge of yours - but googled it and says they come in about 600 variations! check out this search : RedmarginedFairyWrasse

Last edited:
why didn't you do that in the first place?:) would be better to climatise them where there are no fishies to bully them:)
Posted via Mobile Device
Well...I was a bit nervous that the transparent dude was contageous with some deadly disease so wanted an id before he went near my tank........;)

Oh well he's in the sump and still no idea what the hec is the problem,..if there is one:p

sorry mate, got no idea. look at its mouth. see which way it points, and if it looks menacing;) thats a way of figuring it out. but you need to go through a lot of pictures to find it cause you can see it in real life
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry mate, got no idea. look at its mouth. see which way it points, and if it looks menacing;) thats a way of figuring it out. but you need to go through a lot of pictures to find it cause you can see it in real life
Posted via Mobile Device

the wrasse, perhaps a Jewelled wrasse, Halichoeres lapillus
His mouth looks the same as the banana wrasse's

Back
Top Bottom