Transkei trip ahead!

Discussion in 'Diving, Collecting and Environmental Discussions' started by Dane, 7 Dec 2010.

1. Dane

Dane

Hey all,

So I've been in the Drakensberg for 2 months now doing my MSc research, and will soon be driving back home to slaapstad via the tranksei!

Now I wanted to know if theres any chance I'll be able to find fairly decent dried porous rock there? Of course, I would only collect if I had a signed permit from the local Nkosi and cleared with the appropriate authorities.

I wont be collecting anything live as I dont have permits nor would they last the trip down.

Also if you guys know the area, any really nice spots to visit would be appreciated - not for diving, just to visit/hike/relax/snorkel.

Many thanks all :0)
    D

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Hey Dane I was wondering where you've been!!! LOL if you find any mangrove plants floating around slip them in your pocket & we split what you found K. Just kidding don't do anything silly like that even though it may be tempting.
    Hope you have been having a great time up there & drive safe on your way home:thumbup:
    Cheers
    Michael

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

dane if you give me more specifics i can help you plot a course and perhaps offer some hot spots you should consider stopping at.

5. Dane

Dane Thread Starter

lol mistaorange ;)

Leslie thats very kind of you. Basically, we have about a week to travel down from durbs to Cape town. So far our only planned destination is Coffee bay, although I here it is a little commercial now. While the trip is more of a scenic tour than a reefing trip - I'd certainly like to visit a few nice rockpools for some snorkelling, and possibly try and find some nice dead rock for my tank, if there is any along that stretch. My tank is in dire need of more rock...

d

Recent Posts