Trads tank V4

trad

Fish, thats the word!
Reaction score
Hey guys my tank finally arrived. I havent had a tank for 6 months now and the builder took about a month due to a silicone shortage.

It a 5ft 500mm W and 650mm H, The sump is a metre. Got a TS2, and looking for some MHs that warren and angelreaper may be helpinh me out with.

500L real ocean salt
Black cabinet coming next week.
Lights for DSB, Energy saver globes.
2x seio 1500M (maybe get another 2)
TS2 Skimmer

Image028.jpg

Image026.jpg

Image020-1.jpg

Great start, what stocking plans have you worked over in the 6 months waiting?

They are only 25mm, never used them before but the LFS i use said its the only thing he uses.

Hey wee-man my stocking plans are.

5 cleaner shrimp
1 yellow tang
1 purple tang (if they ever land in SA again)
1 Flame angle
Fire Goby
Manderin
Bangai Cardinal the proper silver white and black oones ( Could i cycle my tank with one of these)

Mainly SPS once i get my lights but will through in a clam or 2 and some softies.

Sounds great, purple tangs are available here but they are very silly prices

trad you must be lank chuffed, i cant wait to see your build progress.

just a thought on your mandarin, make sure youyr system is matured with loads for the fella to eat, i hear some say not to introduce for atleast a year.

you got a lovely tank there:)

yes the flame and purple are very pricey but they're what i want and if nothing dies then its worth it for 3 or 4 years enjoyment

And a whole shit load of LR, Plans for everthing will probably be over a year. and budgets to consider like you said.

Thanks crispin, i have kept them before and thats the advise i would give.

The pipes do seem a bit thin but at least there's 2 of them in case any snails get adventurous etc... :(

Otherwise looks off to a great start! Needs more flow though... ;)

Looking very good so far, i only use a 32mm outlet and its cool.

Looking great Trad

Plans for everthing will probably be over a year. and budgets to consider like you said.

Mmm... my one year plan turned into 2 years. I reconcile myself with the tortoise and hair moral. Slow but sure.:) Look forward to updates

Last edited:
Looks really cool. Watch out for the overflows, I've gone 32mm overflow and wish I'd gone bigger. Got to be really careful about flow amount from the sump.

hi trad your setup is looking good.

one of my snails got stuck in my 50mm pipe and man I was lucky that the main tank did not overflow as I was home:006:

but what are the chances of two snails clogging your pipes:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom