Totally new beginner

Reaction score
Hi all

compliments for the new year.
I have got an empty 240l tank which i am turning in to a marine tank got my sump and protein-skimmer.

can you please help me to start my tank?

my biggest problem at this point in time is my overflow (non existent at this point and time). i tried drilling holes but ja... that did work so lekka.

got any advice for me?

Peace be your journeys.

Welcome to MASA. You have certainly come to the right place to start planning your new system. Please share with us what went wrong with the drilling. Remember that most LFS's also perform drilling for you. Just take your tank to them and they will drill the holes for you.. But first share with us exactly what you are planning before continuing???

thx for the welcome guys
after i got the holes drilled i started to connect the pipe fittings onto my tank and snap!! there i had to replace the side panel of my tank.

now i am more thinking of getting the over flow that hooks over the top of the tank(don't know exactly)

i will post photos of the tank tonight..

Welcome iggy

Sorry to hear about the snap , crackle & pop :p. If DIY drilling best is to use a cordless drill, start at a bit of an angle, drill slowly and use a good amount of H2O (you can actually use samoe prestic to make a ring around where you want to drill and almost fill that with water)...still remains nerve wrecking exercise though.

But as Tiger mentioned there are LFS's that will drill the holes at a minimal cost.

good luck & Happy Reefing :)

Morning All

on the topic of an overflow what would you say is best. an overflow that you hook over the top edge of you tank or to have a partition build in your tank with a hole drilled in the bottom?

Back
Top Bottom