Torch looks hurt on one side

My experience with LPS< once that flesh is torn, that branch won't make it, take it out and give it a good smell, I think you will be convinced if it is rotting
:)

hey guys. dont think the head gonna make it. its still closed,almost no signs of any live.the rest of the torch returned to it former glory. beautiful coral. I moved it away from the clearner shrimp tho coz he kept running over the torch. I also modified the one powerhead so it gives a wider flow instead of a direct stream into something and that made a big difference. All other corals are doing fine. will the dying head coz a nutrient spike?

hey guys. dont think the head gonna make it. its still closed,almost no signs of any live.the rest of the torch returned to it former glory. beautiful coral. I moved it away from the clearner shrimp tho coz he kept running over the torch. I also modified the one powerhead so it gives a wider flow instead of a direct stream into something and that made a big difference. All other corals are doing fine. will the dying head coz a nutrient spike?

dude, read my comment, take it out and smell it, literally, if it smells frot, then u know its dying, the cleaner shrimp smells the dead material and runs over to 'clean' it, its what they do! :)

If you doubt its going to make it, then cut it off rather than risk the whole colony. One head wont cause a spike in the nutrient levels, but if it does get brown jelly it can spread to other corals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom