Torch coral HELP needed

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

Bought myself a nice torch coral last weekend, its been opening over the last week and all been good, Before leaving to go away on Friday it was healthy, got back earlier to find something is has gone wrong, 2 of the 4 heads have a funny jelly on it, there is no sign of its tentacles, PLEASE HELP, should I separate the other 2 heads off the piece before they die too?

39248e91f6aa9a9b.jpg

39248e91f942cafd.jpg

</IMG></IMG>

Looks like it could be brown jelly disease, just to be safe separate the healthy heads immediately before it spreads.

Looks like it could be brown jelly disease, just to be safe separate the healthy heads immediately before it spreads.

Woke up this morning and its already covered the other 2 head, quickly removed it and washed it in a tincture of idodine mix (only thing I had), its remove alot of the slime and you can still see alot of the polyp left, where to from here?
will this heal?
whats caused it?
can it spread to my other corals?

When I say use Lugol's I mean dip it is a separate container.

thx, got you on that;)

threw the 2 bad heads away, got the other 2 in a Iodine sol, jelly seems to be dislodging but still not 100%, will leave it overnight, I've also been giving it a good shake every now and then to help.

I've just discovered my frogspawn has it too, it also just started not opening properly, a day or so ago, now traces of the brown jelly, So I syphoned the bit of jelly off and removed it for a dip, hold thumbs for me

just check on the coral in the dip, you know where the coral grows down the side of the skelliton, there is a clear slime coming off there, is this from the coral or the disease lifting?

Back
Top Bottom