Torch coral dying

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I came home to this tonight:banghead::
20160118_200128.jpg

There is 1 more head that is starting to melt/recede. The other 8 heads, other torch and the hammer seems fine.

Not sure what is wrong. A friend mentioned that it might have been due to temp fluctuations. I tested the water parameters - all seems fine.

Temp: 25
Salinity: 1.024
Ammonia and Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: below 2 - closer to 0
Kh: 8.4 dkh
Calcium: 420
Magnesium: 1460
Ph: 8.4

I use red sea test kits, supplements and salt.

Any advice and help will be higly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

what does it look like today?

Hi RiaanP,

Followed the advice of NJH (thanks). The remainder of the heads seems fine - all open.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just an update. I lost 6 heads in total in the end. Found the issue. It was some parasite. I dipped (Seachem Reef Dip) all my LPS for 3 consecutive days (waited 24 hours between each dip). So far the rest of the heads seema happy and healthy.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Hi guys :)

So it's me again with the same torch coral:banghead:

I noticed that the 2 remaining polyps started with some tissue loss. The edge white flesh of the polyp by the skeleton is turning brown:

20160725_204442.jpg

Please help:( this torch has been with me since November last year and I have been working hard to keep it alive. It was doing well until now...I believe

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the inputs, but this coral is long gone. I have a suspicioun that the last head was eaten by my filefish. Got the filefish for aiptasia extermination.......it exterminated more than just the aiptasia :m24: Cought the fish nipping my hammer coral a few minths ago. Moved the hammer to a quarantine zone. Hammer is recovering nicely.

IMG_20170722_124443_55.jpg

For some reason the fish does not touch my frogspawn.

Regards,
Joe

Back
Top Bottom