Too much rock?

Reaction score
Hi All

I have about 200kg's of rock (mainly kenyan) will this be too much for a 1000l system - 850l (1480x850x700 LWH) display and 250l sump. My DSB in sump will be 600x600x200 Caribsea aragamax, I will also have a 7-8cm aragamax dsb in tank.

Maybe I should add a few kg's in my sumps return and skimmer pickup chambers?

What you all think?

I would say you have to much - my calculator gives me the figure of around 93kg for your display tank - i suggest that you weigh out 90-100kg of your rock then layout your display how you like, to make lots of caves and spaces - then see how much you have left, put some in the sump - then post the rest to me ;)

Hi All

I have about 200kg's of rock (mainly kenyan) will this be too much for a 1000l system - 850l (1480x850x700 LWH) display and 250l sump. My DSB in sump will be 600x600x200 Caribsea aragamax, I will also have a 7-8cm aragamax dsb in tank.

Maybe I should add a few kg's in my sumps return and skimmer pickup chambers?

What you all think?

Wow. With all that sand you don't need any rock. Nice Sims. Kenyan is not cheap. I would sell some of the rock and buy livestock.:biggrin:

Sims, about a 100 to 120kg sounds about right. if you are wanting to sell some please let me know, I would be interested for my new tank. ps, hope you had a good festive season.

I would add to the refugium as you adding bio diversity to your system and adding some to the chambers in the sump not a bad idea either and then sell the rest.

Back
Top Bottom