Too much light!?

Reaction score
Hi I have a nano cube with the std. 2x36W PC lights i have frogspawn which is doing well interms of growth, I've seen the heads double in the last 10mnths, BUT when i got the LPS the green colour was very strong , but now only the lower heads are green, the upper heads are a beige/green colour although very healthy and growing normally. Could the light be too strong as the top heads are around 15cm below the lights?

Last edited:
I doubt that very much - those lights arent that strong - but better ask the LPS experts - Hennie will be of great help here - go to Hennies Corner and ask him - he has had the most success with frogspawn(I assume this is what you meant in your post) that I've ever seen.

Could the colouration not be becuase the top pieces are younger and still grwing or flow related?

The lighting is defniatley no an overkill on the system.

Try adding some iodine and amino acids to get them to colour up

I use seachem stuff - think its called . . . .I cant remember - it claims to have amino acids -:whistling: - dont know how effective though?

thanks guys will add some amino acids, if i can find a good brand, i'm in JHB...
I see ZEOvit have what looks like a good LPS amino acid product... anyone?

thanks guys. I've been browsing around the local JHB pet shops for a good amino acid product....
ZEOvit has what seems as a nice LPS amino acid product... anyone?

I have dosed some amino acids from bird products.. The AVI-mune range... Must just dilute it properly... Much much cheaper then marine brands..

Use Vitachem by Boyd Enterprises

thanks for the advice!
here is pic of my 90l nano, the frogspawn is question is on the left center...
nano25408_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom