Too many water changes

Discussion in 'Boyu TL450 and TL550 advice' started by Charl_Stanhope, 6 Jun 2011.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

hey guys.

Can one do too many water changes? I am currently doing two 30 litre water changes a week on my 128 l tank. IS that too many? Im lucky and can get really clean nsw. i check some parametres like,nitrate,po4,ca, kk, ph. They all seem fine. My ph is very stable on 8.5, my kh varies so Im adding a buffer per water change and then Im also struggling to keep ca at 450. It stays at 390-410.the rest is pretty good and stable.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. IMarine

IMarine

Hi Charl thats all good,but pls warm water before you do a water change,and cal at 390-410 is excellent,you dont need 450cal

4. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

Im making sure the temp is exactly the same as the temp in tank. I also make sure that the sg is the desired level as what I want in my tank. cool. Ill keep on doing them then.

5. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

Charl, i dont see a problem with it at all, as a matter of fact as long as you are collecting clean water (as in chemically which you have adressed) you should have a thriving stable system.. just beware of things that cant be tested for eg: oil run off etc etc.. and be exceptionally od red tide as i know your area is prone to it from time to time..

6. Qaiser

Qaiser

7. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

Cool. Thanks for advise guys. I don't collect when I see brown water or not clean water around and I also walk in on low tide and where I collect I can sometimes get 50 meters from shore and I make sure there no pipes running into water. I've been using the water for a while now. My tank seems to be doing better now that I have switched to an extra water change a week. Everything looks a lot happier.algae is dissappearng so I'm sure I'm doing something right. Its a mission tho but worth it when you see things thrive in my nano. I'm loving this hobby. Will do an update on my tank tomorrow.

Recent Posts