Tommo's Tank

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as most of you know I am new around here.
Also quite new to marines as well , I have kept freshwater tanks for 25 years ,and at the start of last year I thought I would give reef tanks ago.

Tank size 4X2X2

Sump size 3X18’X18’ ”with refugium, DSB macro algae”

Lighting 3x250 watt 14,000 K Metal halides
Blue L.E.D’S 2x1meter long 2x600mm long

Return Pump Sedra 7200 Liter/Hour Pump

Power Heads 3x2500 Liter/Hour Tunze
1x4500 Liter/Hour Tunze

Sump Light 18’ Fluorescent

Skimmer Reef Octopus Vortex Ventu 800 in sump skimmer

Calcium Reactor CR-100 with an add on chamber controlled via my P.H controller.

Chiller Resun CL-650 Chiller

Chiller Pump reef octopus 1000 Liter/Hour pump

Heaters 1x250 watt jager 1x300 watt fluval

all controlled via my panel

New 5x2x2 is comming soon :)

Cheers

Got to take some pic's , of the tank .

Lights

260.gif

Control panel

1100000.gif

Sump Pics

1760.gif

1460.gif

1560.gif

Welcome Tommo :D

Good looking setup :thumbup:
Lets see some pics of the display ;)

WOW! Nice! Just a quick question Tommo - don't you have problems with the glass over the top of the tank, bursting/cracking, due to the heat generated by those great light units?

Also - what is the brand of your skimmer - apologies if you mentioned it before...

It looks like the brand we get here: ReefOctopus....

Thanks everyone :)

I have loads of pics of my tank , before i got rid of 99% of my LPS corals , and decided to get more clams :)

I honestly have no good pics of my display at the moment :( sorry.

To answer a couple of questions , No my glass does not get hot enough to crack :)

And yes it is a Reef Octopus Skimmer :)

Display pics comming soon :)

Cheers

Thank you very much , i made the wood bit the found the right lights and leds to match :) , far better than i hood i think , only because it is much easier to work with :)

Cheers Andrew

Andrew, may i just ask why you have a glass screen on the top of your tank? are the days of fresh water keeping it there?

Andrew, may i just ask why you have a glass screen on the top of your tank? are the days of fresh water keeping it there?

To be honest mike you are sort of right , 2 things , 1 of my fish jumped out one night when my wife turned the light on for the kitchen And the other, my wife has the bloody 6 million dollar man hearing , and she hates the noise , thats why they are there !!!

And Mike i know you have seen it , shhhh

ill post some pics soon :)

Monday :) only because i am going away this weekend , due to it being a long weekend :)

Jeez Tommo, amazing, and you've been hiding this from us. Really impressive. I can see you love clams. Btw, the Ears next to/amongst the purple ones, is it orange???

Back
Top Bottom