Tomato clowns

Reaction score
Hey guys, my tomato clowns have been in the tank since saturday now and there is one who is clearly boss. She chases the other sometimes, but there are no tattered or torn fins, so here's the questions:

1. Is this just a phase that will pass with a bit of time with one gaining dominance?

2. The boss hovers less than a centimeter over the anem quite often, is this a good sign that it will host in it soon?

Thanks guys
Luke

The phase probably won't pass, the female generally like to keep her man in line :)

Sounds like the clown is not to sure of the nemmie, in my experience my clowns start hosting straight away.

PS: Not all clowns will host in any species of nemmie

Aaaaaahhhhhhh, i want them to host, oh well. We can't always get what we want i suppose. I also want a cube, but that'll have to wait until a few years time:)

My one tomato clown has hosted in the anem guys, so stoked, but she has kicked the man of the house out for now coz she probable feels like it, hahaha:lol:

Awesome, one of the most beautiful and interesting relationships in marine tanks ;)

It is fascinating to watch, I never knew it could be so mind blowingly therapeutic for loss of a better word. It's great:thumbup:

At the moment she is trying to prove me wrong, I'll post a pic when I snap a good one;)

Sorry for the quality of the photo, the flash seemed to mess it up

DSC01484.jpg

Thanks guys, I've just got the camera batteries on charge now and I'm gonna do a water change in a few, so no quality pics just yet, i might try my parents camera a little later and maybe get better quality pics

Back
Top Bottom