Tomato clowns does weird thing

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Charl_Stanhope, 4 Apr 2011.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

hey guys.

I have recently changed my substrate from crushed coral to fine sand. Now my clown does this funny thing. He will swim towards the sand and then lowers its tail and wiggles it that it looks like a sandstorm.(hope it makes sense) He only does it in the corners and only once in a while. He is very healty and eats probably the most out of all the fish so I dont think he is sick. Hes been doing it for a few months now. Almost like hes building a nest:lol: or hes trying to find food in there. I tried to take a pic but as soon as I get the camera he wont do it.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. LifeAquatic

LifeAquatic

Mine does the same thing. Stays in that area of the tank and chases all the big fish away. It's nesting.

4. nico.m.ferreira

nico.m.ferreira

Mine does the same, there is sand all over the place, I left the substrate alone and looks like it is dieng down.

5. Annoying

Annoying

In the absence of an anemone some clownfish will find hosting spots in other forms, either in other corals, a certain live rock, or even in some cases burrowing a hole in the sand. It's very common, nothing to get worried about. Just make sure you don't have a tower of live rock close to the burrow as the hole can sometimes get so big that it can cause a landslide close to it.

6. Xereo

Xereo

My Clark clowns do the same thing

7. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

glad to know its not something only mine does. Its quite cool to look at. anyway,thanx for the input. My tank is changing everyday. I love this hobby:thumbup:

Recent Posts