Urgent help needed tomato clown Eye is bulging out on one side

Reaction score
my tomato clown has one of its eys bulging out and it is just staying agenst the life rock and seems to be in distress.:(

Sounds like Pop Eye...

Symptoms:
One or both eyes will be abnormally large. The eye/s will protrude from the head and sometimes may exhibit a cloudy film. The eye/s will continue to bulge more and more util the reach a peak at about one to two weeks.
http://www.angelfire.com/blues/fish_problems/POPEYE.html

Does it look like this...
74eb966e10cde0.jpg

Pablo has an eye infection - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

It's pop eye: popeye - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

It should clear up as per the comments on the link. I had a clown once that got it over and over again, never found out what the cause was. If your tank is clean (no sponges etc trapping dirt) then its most likely from a scrape or bump, if its both eyes then its most probably a bacterial infection and the fish will need to be quarantined. Do a search on here and google for pop eye. Hope you come right.

Agree with @mewick ,my regal tang had it two weeks ago,I was considering treating it with something for popeye but it was one eye and after reading how certain meds were killing fish and corals I decided to just leave it,feed the tang very well to keep imune system up and two days later it was gone,probably an injury...and about them hiding against something,yeah its natural as they can only see through one eye so they basically find a spot where they can look for predators or danger from the working eye,I hope that it will be better soon,my opinion is to not treat it and it should be ok..

Back
Top Bottom