TO HELL WITH SHELL! - URGENT - PETITION IN POST #34

Reaction score
Guys I'm not sure how many of you have heard about the plan to explore for oil along the wild coast by the action of employing seismic blasting to do so!

This is a BAD idea and will have catastrophic effects on the wildlife populations all in tbe name of greed and money, some of you may have been to the wild coast and experienced its serene beauty.. of you don't stand together for those of you who haven't you may never have the opportunity!

I emplore you to stand up together and fight any entity that is proposing harm to this amazing and pristine stretch of coastline.

TO HELL WITH SHELL!

Last edited:
Reaction score
please can you respond to the environmental assessor:
1) – you send your comments/ objections to:-
SLR Consulting (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd
Attention: Eloise Costandius
PO Box 798, Rondebosch, 7701
5th Floor Letterstedt House, Newlands on Main Building, Newlands, 7700 Tel: (021) 461 1118 WhatsApp / SMS: 063 900 5536
Email: ecostandius@slrconsulting.com

SLR are managing both the the Shell and the CGG surveys. You can register as an interested and affected party by simply asking Eloise above to put you on their lis. Thereafter you will be informed of all their progress. The more voices objecting to both surveys the better. Please pass all links on to your social networks.
Thanks for your concern,
Janet
c/o Oceans Not Oil

Attachments

Reaction score

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please sign the petition and post here once you have. It will only take a minute of your time!

Attachments

Reaction score

Reaction score

Reaction score

Reaction score
For Everyone's Information > I have just sent the following email to our Honourable State President Ramaphosa directly (with respect to his office). A bit of a battle as a number of his email addresses given on government websites are not receiving my mail but automatically returning them marked incorrect email address(s). See below. I have not let up and have now sent it to one that will ensure the email addresses are updated to the correct one(s) and that this email is forwarded to President Ramaphosa so that he does receive it. This is the highest level and office plus authority of government we can address our appeal to. >
Sent: 17 November 2021 09:23 AM
To: 'electronic@gcis.gov.za'
Subject: Appeal against Shell's intended project along our South African Wild Coast.

NB > To Whom It May Concern, Please update the President’s email address and the two supplied on Google are not working and the emails are being automatically returned to me undelivered. Website as follows > https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/departments/departments/presidency-department > Presidency [ The Department in ]
Send request to update contact information to electronic@gcis.gov.za(link sends e-mail) (Which I am now doing. Please forward this email below onto the President’s office so that he may receive it. Thank You. Glen Phillips.

Dear Mr President Ramaphosa,

Thousands if not more appeal to you, your government and Shell not to go ahead with the project off the wild coast of South Africa. This article refers (to cut a long story short) > https://www.africaninsider.com/countries/activists-fear-gas-study-threatens-south-africas-wild-coast/?fbclid=IwAR1tctmmDhi4eh89jQ0Y54eHIw5b2rxtAHcKS7Qvl5ecvRsQ4BDIwAdMO8g

Also a copy of my email to (I send same with the same appeal to you respectfully) > From: Glen Phillips [mailto:glenphil@mweb.co.za]
Sent: 10 November 2021 04:47 PM
To: 'ecostandius@slrconsulting.com'
Subject: Objection : Shell blasting on the Wild Coast : Appeals not to allow or proceed.
Attention: Eloise Costandius
SLR Consulting (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd (SLR Consulting which is managing the survey)
(Handling the petition iro of Shell blasting off the Transkei Wild Coast of South Africa)
Sir,
Transkei Places & Faces Facebook is a private group which currently has 42,850 members which continues to grow and increase its members at a very fast pace. The site was launched in 2016 and is strongly and fiercely against this Shell Blasting Project, etc of exploitation and destruction.. Proceeding would be a wicked sin and a violation of our environment, nature and sea life and is already suffering enough as it is. WE STRONGLY APPEAL TO OUR GOVERNMENT NOT TO ALLOW THIS PROJECT AND FOR SHELL TO CANCEL AND ABANDON/CANCEL IT. IT MUST NOT BE PERMITTED TO PROCEED NOR GO AHEAD.
Transkei Places & Faces and all our members are participating in the petition at a fast rate and making every effort to prevent it from going ahead. The consequences of it proceeding would be catastrophic for obvious reasons. Our planet cannot take any more abuse and our coastline is very precious to South Africa and our heritage.
I appeal to you, Shell and the Government on behalf of our site and all 42,850 members.
Yours faithfully,
Glen Ralph Phillips
Creator of Transkei Places & Faces Facebook Site

South Africans appeal to you not to allow this project to proceed at any and all costs.

Thank You.

Yours Faithfully,

Glen Phillips

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
I know you're probably so gatvol of these posts, but please do your part, sign the petition and share with your friends if you haven't already!

Thank you

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great effort!

Top Bottom