TMC V2 Protein Skimmer for Boyu TL-450

Discussion in 'Boyu TL450 and TL550 advice' started by belindamotion, 20 Jul 2011.

1. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

I've been reading and searching the Forum and have found so many Nano Protein Skimmers that I'm at a loss...:(

I've been looking at this one and I would like to know from those who have a BOYU TL450 if it would fit..I'll give a Link to the Dimensions at the bottom...this seems like it would fit, but I'm not sure about the measurements around the Collection Cup...somehow it looks like I can't sink the cup further and that might cause my lid not to close...please bare in mind my measurements can leave much to be desired..:blush:
    [​IMG]

TMC: Aquarium Products - V2Skim Compact Protein Skimmers

Dimensions:
    http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/media/v2skim-compact-dimensions.pdf

If you know of any other Protein Skimmers that would fit in my current space, I think mine is roughly 9cm x 7cm...I'll love to hear from you...most of the one's that fall under Nano still seem to be either to wide or too long...I am in soooooo need of a decent Skimmer and seriously have to do some homework...:eek:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. regis

regis

how about a hang on skimmer?

4. belindamotion

belindamotion Thread Starter Google Master

I was thinking of them at one stage, but they all seem to be bulky and if it's not bulky, it protrudes out the back or side and in all of them I have to cut away at my hood, for the pipe fittings..so first option would be internal...

5. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

An external for your tank would deliver a much better skimmate than a small internal one. I've decided I'm gonna go for the external one. It would require a tiny bit od diy but it will work much better.

6. belindamotion

belindamotion Thread Starter Google Master

I was thinking along the lines of what types of DIY Mods would I be able to consider and basically I love the Nano TUNZE but it's way to broad..so I'm thinking along the lines of moving the divider that separates the Filter section from the Skimmer section..surely if you'r delicate, you can "remove"(cut) panel, shift it 10cm and pratley it again...?

7. 2balive

2balive

Take a look at the Hydor Nano Slim skimmer

Recent Posts