Timers

Reaction score
Got this timer today. Does away with the space consumption of the normal timers and one can run all the foreign small plugs on it. Elactronic so you can set in small increments as well.

Very handy, careful with any halides though, they can be a bit heavy on current and may melt cheap timers.

Alfie share share, what where how much?

looking nice what time increments?

Nice Alfie... I was helluva impressed by that timer. For Wee-Man I think that timer was rated at like 3000W which is pretty decent. And for Kanga, 1 minute increments. (You set start and end times, with 15 sets per each of the 3 channels. Then each set you can choose between weekdays, weekend days, all days or any specific day) The "extension" cord on the timer was a bit of a bonus as well.

Nifty nifty

These are rated for something like 3680W.

DEFINITELY, real utillity item around our aquaria.

Alfie, have you worked out what you're gonna use the different channels and programs for?

These are rated for something like 3680W.

DEFINITELY, real utillity item around our aquaria.

Alfie, have you worked out what you're gonna use the different channels and programs for?

Tell us more oh Jedi Master:thumbup:

Very handy, careful with any halides though, they can be a bit heavy on current and may melt cheap timers.

It is German my good man.

Alfie share share, what where how much?

looking nice what time increments?

Input 160-240v 50HZ
output 16A Resistive load
Min settinf 1min Max 168 hours
Up to 15 on off switches a day
rechargad battery backup

Alfie - I am also intruiged by these timers. Where did you get them and how much were they? The lighting shop in Long Street Cape Town (can't remember the name - I think it is "Eagles Lighting") sells electronic timers (the most common ones) for R76 each.... They do have battery backup, but the are not as flexible as the timer you posted.

Jacques with our local timers there is also always a problem with the plugs and one has to end up changing the plug. The backup battery is also important to me.

You can run 3 programmes with 15 different settings, can manually overide and the space saving is fanastic.

You will have to ask Aquality for a price as I am still waiting for final price from him.

Ah yes, it would seem in our current situation a digital timer with a battery backup that can outlast eskom would be better than a mechanical timer...

I am not using the analog timers Rory - I have 2 x digital timers (one I bought in the Netherlands when I lived there, about 5/6 years ago), and the 2nd one I bought at the Cape Town Flea Market for R50 when I started marines, just over 3 years ago.... It is still lasting quite well... BUT clearly these new models are REALLY far superior!

Input 160-240v 50HZ
output 16A Resistive load

Resistive loads are heaters, etc. Most lights (with ballasts...) are reactive loads. Do you know what the reactive load specification is for this timer?

The back EMF generated when a reactive load switches off can cause havoc with electronic timers if they do not have adequate "power filtration" - has anyone actually used one of these timers with (say) a 250W or 400W MH?

Hennie

Hennie unfortunately it does not indicate what the reactive load is and I am just starting to use it so cannot give any feedback yet.

Back
Top Bottom