time frame for disease's and their spreading

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by magman, 29 Oct 2010.

1. magman

magman

Hi All,

I think one way to help fight disease or help fish in QT is if we could now the time frame of the disease's. I know some lay dorment and the water and fish's health plays the big part, but I think it will be helpful with some disease's like brook and velvet, say a fish has been in QT for 10 days, you can likly rule out brook, because the fish would probably be dead in say 4 days (4 days, is that correct for brook?)

There is some exceptions, eg. a fish has been sitting in an lfs for a few days with the disease, and the sysmptoms would only start showing the day after you got the fish, but general timeframe of disease's spreading?

What time frame have you had with disease's on fish, and when the symptoms started showing.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Great idea Magman. Let me see/look at putting a spread sheet together of what i have got. But wow it is going to be pretty lengthy.

4. magman

magman Thread Starter

Thanks NJ, I know there will be lot's of varience, eg. a powder blue will have w/s when it's still in the bag, where as any other fish can have ws between 24 hours to a few days later.

Recent Posts