Time for the Truth

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by Warr7207, 12 Feb 2008.

1. Warr7207

Warr7207

Sorry it has to be said:

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shaun

Shaun Retired Moderator

4. palmerc

palmerc

"In 1994 the ANC took over a country that was in a healthy state of repair"

Anyone believeing that a country practising apartheid was in a healthy state of repair prior to 1994 needs to have their heads read.

Sure there is quite a few issues that need to be sorted out still, but most of them were actually caused by decades of oppression and it is going to take a long time to sort out properly.

Even the electricity crisis now has it's roots in apartheid. Sure we (read oppressors) did not have electricity problems then, but 80% of our population had no electricity either. Still today many millions do not have access to electricity or fresh running water. These are luxuries most of us take for granted.

Just what we spend on our tanks each month is what many people have to survive on to feed their families, pay school fees, put a roof over their heads.

There are two sides to every viewpoint.

5. shan

shan

that article is very far from the truth - it is just that we are now experiencing what the majority of south africans have experienced for decades. one must remember that there is more reporting/stats now then there has ever been - health care was shit before 94, roads networks were only good in white urban areas, crime in black neighbourhoods went unreported, and white politicians like all other politicians in the worls lined their pockets with money. sure we have problems but we only just gained independance - the us/uk/france/ect still has racists, blackouts and many other problems - also they generate more green house gasses and then tell us that we must produce less, they produce electricity using nuclear power and then ship the waste to third work countries. who ever wrote that article needs an education. i am not pro ANC but that article is shit and i think written by the a politician for the other side

6. Warr7207

Warr7207 Thread Starter

Guys I think the point is that our current government is doing nothing to stop us "reefers' from leaving.

I totally agree we have a large majority of our population that lives below the poverty line without electricity, water etc.

I understand that the country needs to get off it's knees from the apartheid shit.

But don't make us contributing citizens feel like 2nd class.

If I leave RSA, 55 people lose jobs, is that what the government meant by empowerment or job creation ?

Lastly, if we don't vent our concerns, you reckon anything is going to happen ?

7. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

I agree, we of the old established powers (i'm from the UK) are pretty good at telling others what to do, then not doing it ourselves, the US are especially bad at taking their own advice, they would not sgn up to the Kyoto agreement (or what ever it's called this week) because their voting public wouldn't like it and fuel prices would have to go up again.

As for the author of the document, i would take it a lot more seriously if the bloke had actually used his real name:whistling:

8. shan

shan

i hear you Warr and you are correct - there are many problems that we have in this country but why you taking the easy way out and wanna leave - stay, employ more people and help build the country to what it can be. i have been all round the world thanks to my job and i would not choose to leave ZA

you are forgetting that the majority of south africans were made to feel 3rd class a few years back. and yes we need to get up there tell the powers that we are fedup with this potholed roads which i cannot see at night because of loadshedding and no street lights.

you know, i actually like load shedding - you see more kids outdoors, you spend more time with family/reading books/ect. i now play with my 11month old daughter outside on the grass every afternoon - a thing that started because of loadshedding. Also new things are being developed like solar street lights -think of all the new jobs for those people installing, manufacturing, importing just for street lights - people also putting areolite, gyser blankets and so on - lots more job creation - alo other things we can learn like in germany - people in their homes use solar energy.

it is bad but not all bad

9. Warr7207

Warr7207 Thread Starter

Totally agree to a point, but when the load shedding joke causes harm to your family, you have to start looking at alternatives, especially when we have leadership that are totally unaccountable.

I don't want to leave South Africa, I have so much here that I would have no where else without having loads of dough.

All I ask for is for this damn government makes an effort to sort out all our problems.

PLEASE,
    PLEASE,
    PLEASE,
    PLEASE, PLEASE,
    PLEASE,
    PLEASE,
    PLEASE, PLEASE,
    PLEASE,
    PLEASE,
    PLEASE, PLEASE,
    PLEASE,
    PLEASE,