Time difference

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Just to give me an idea of the time of day where you are, it is currently 11.31am on a miserable, cloudy, rotten summer (joke!) day in London. what time is it where you are:) (South Africa)

12:43pm and boiling hot for winter

12:43pm and boiling hot for winter

so only an hour in front, who knew???:) so it's winter and you are hot, well how bloody fair is that:002: hang on i'm on me way,:boat: it hasn't stopped raining for ages here and i'm fed up with it, its supposed to be summer for gawds sake:( :)

Wee-man to give you an idea the temp today must be 23deg cel and its the middle of winter, really nice bright sunny day in Durban. We really pay for our mild winters in summer with very high temps and high humidity. SA is a big place though with a wide range of temps.

Wee-man to give you an idea the temp today must be 23deg cel and its the middle of winter, really nice bright sunny day in Durban. We really pay for our mild winters in summer with very high temps and high humidity. SA is a big place though with a wide range of temps.

We have had aquite a few mild winters, but we pay for them with equally mild summers, unfortunately GB is a very small island with very similar temperatures and weather, although the further north you go up and up into Scotland you can get some severe snowstorms and very dangerous conditions, recently the north of England had severe rain and people died in the floods, global warming??? or just rotten weather??

We never get to see snow here in Durban unless we drive inland on the odd winter when the conditions are right and then it will only snow for about a day. As for rain we are a sub tropical climate and get pelted almost every summer and have had some nasty floods over the years. Earlier this year we had our coast line destroyed by 7m high waves, that storm lasted for 3 odd days and destroyed a lot of the beach front properties out where i live.

13h25 in PE slight wind and sunny skies. Room temp 23 deg. As for the storms. There are definite changes taking place world wide.

Wee man we got the perfect weather but you got the Pound :) - 15 to 1 against the SA Rand at the moment. That makes it a great place for you to come on holiday :D

Wee man we got the perfect weather but you got the Pound :) - 15 to 1 against the SA Rand at the moment. That makes it a great place for you to come on holiday :D

I can just see the scenario
Me; "honey shall we go to South Africa for a holiday this year?"
My wife; "Oh yes lets i can't wait, what shall we see? Capetown? Johannesberg? the site of Rorkes drift? or how about a safari??? " great idea i will pack now"
Me; "err no, actually my beloved.. there's .....err this bunch of blokes with fishtanks sound really nice guys.... i reckon we could get to see some of the finest marine tanks in S.A."
The scene ends with me being disembowelled with a blunt stilletto shoe with the soggy bits chucked in the tank:) :) (but i will work on it - i rather fancy coming down any way);)

We got the Pond (aka the sea !) so stuff the pound :)

Smithers old boy, sorry to dispel the the illusion mate but we got the pound and the pond is between the U.S. and the U.k.:whistling: :whistling:

Oh, and Great Britain is an island so we got more than one sea:razz: :)

That may be the case your sea (The North sea) is friggin cold ! We have the Indian Ocean Teeming with amazing fish and half naked TANNED woman (PS a tanned woman is someone you cannot hold to the light and see what she is digesting).
We are very lucky in Durban to have really good dive sites on our doorstep.

Last edited:
Wee Man,

I might be wrong but we are one hour ahead only until your daylight savings switches over in which case we'll be two hours ahead of you. Like I said, I might be wrong.

Me; "err no, actually my beloved.. there's .....err this bunch of blokes with fishtanks sound really nice guys.... i reckon we could get to see some of the finest marine tanks in S.A."
The scene ends with me being disembowelled with a blunt stilletto shoe with the soggy bits chucked in the tank:) :) (but i will work on it - i rather fancy coming down any way);)

Anytime you want to come out there's more than a few guy's that would be willing to show off a few tanks. Actually it's a pity we didn't start talking earlier. We holding the first International Marine Aquarium Conference here next month. Anthony Calfo is coming over from the states as a Guest speaker. We really looking forward to it.

Rourkes Drift is down my part of SA, funnily something Calfo is also interested in seeing. Part of the History of our country I guess :)

But yeah hopefully you can come out sometime in the future and we'll gladly show you around :)

Nice part of the country that. There is also Hluhluwe, sodwana and St Lucia all close by. Get some diving in at sodwana.
Now there is no excuse not to come down. I can even get doberman to wear the Borat costume for you.

That may be the case your sea (The North sea) is friggin cold ! We have the Indian Ocean Teeming with amazing fish and half naked TANNED woman (PS a tanned woman is someone you cannot hold to the light and see what she is digesting).
We are very lucky in Durban to have really good dive sites on our doorstep.

Ok, ok, you got me, but don't knock the motherland too soon, we have some wonderful wreck diving around the UK the only poor vis is around the S.E corner (Kent and Essex - the bit nearest France) other than that we have the Orkneys - Scapa Flow - Royal Navy base, in the First world war the Entire German grand fleet scuttled, leaving us divers a fantastic (if rather nippy) dive site.
But as for scantily clad tanned young ladies:( :( :(

It does sound fantastic, will do what i can to get down, the offer is also returnable, can't offer you the safaris or wondeful warm diving but we got London and some of the best tanks in the UK near me.

Look up "Ultimate reef" my local forum then check out Pavlo, reef bloke, Scoob, Maidstone marine, SPS hoover, Si G, and quite a few more in the tank spec section

Back
Top Bottom