Tile-fish

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
They don't do well in reef tanks, they are really slow and nearly blind - but looking like they do, being blind must be a bonus;)

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
Same as a redhead gobie but purple instead of red

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
No i'm sure thats not it. I just sold 2 of those guys off! ;)

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
I was checking it out for Crispin. he has bought the fish,yestersday, maybe he can post a pic.

I searched all over and can't find a pic.

I just hope it is not a juvenile shark or something ;)

Puppy

Lives for SPS
Reaction score
War could u perhaps be talking about a tilefish instead of a gobie
Why i am asking is because I kept one before and everyone that saw it thought it was a gobie.
Please check out purple tilefish or hopolatilus purpureus.

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
ok ok i'll get a pic :) look darn bloody fine in my tank. I got two color variations....I am going on LFS advice and that I take with an SG of 1.050....thats a BIG bag of salt.

but basically large goby shaped fellas with incredible colors and TWO eyes each:)

i'll get a pic though....i was trying to hard to get one of that slug of mine that has resurfaced....didnt succeed:(

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
ok while i wait for photobucket to upload the 30 odd shots i took in the past few days........

these fish (yes i got two) are large ish goby around the size of my hand in length and forefinger thick. Two colour variations but i only got a shot of one. they appear nocturnal so i only see them under the blue ATI and thus had to stand far back from the tank and shoot with flash on, so applogies for crap photo quality.

They are very shy and retiring, burried deep under live rock i placed there for them, social to each other, although as i say two of similar species just different color variations.

I have NOT seen them feed, but they are very interested when frozen brine is added to water.

ok let me go find a pic

ANY info would be greatly appreciated:)