This is for all those who have to much money

Reaction score
This is a can marine pond of a American who lives down the road from me,It works on a open system sea water is pumped in and flows through the system and then returns to the sea.He pumps water from a depth of 12m thats about 25m from his house.The pond is about 10x5m and about half a meter deep.The coral groth he has is just amasing,
63831942.jpg

74067679.jpg

View attachment 50781

Damn, that's awsome. More pics. What does he have living in there.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

We used to have a member on this forum who had a marine pond around his how.

Maybe Viper, Les or one of the longer standing members can share that link here, was very interesting.

He runs a open system the water is pumped in directly from the sea in front of his house and returns directly to the sea no filtering nada nothing temp stays the same as the Arabian Gulf the whole year round.At the moment mostly corals a nice size picasso trigger fish that used to live in his tank,a few sailfin tangs a few moorish idol a few butterfly fish a very large volitans lion fish and some fussilers a large emporer angle fish and a large clown chromis there are also a lot of small anthias and two large clams.He had a painted lobster but he escaped.This pond has been running since 2011 .Most of the coral is local coral collected from here and from the coast of Oman.There are also some pieces he brought with him from Suadi Arabia.

Last edited:
Is there any chance you could get a video of the pond. Very intresting and seems pretty low maintanence and low maintanence cost after build with the continous rotation of sea water.

Is there any chance you could get a video of the pond. Very intresting and seems pretty low maintanence and low maintanence cost after build with the continous rotation of sea water.
True, an absolute ideal setup.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I will ask him if i can film his pond and his set up,it is low maintanece imagine it working like a lagoon continues fresh water flowing in and old water being pushed out.A pre filter before it flows in thats all.

This is amazing. I actually think this pond will be much cheaper to run (and even to set up) than a similar sized tank, as you don't need any supplements or testing as it is basically a rock pool connected to the ocean in your garden.

Back
Top Bottom