This is a bit about me and my Tanks.

Discussion in 'Medium Tanks' started by Dean76, 14 Feb 2011.

1. Dean76

Dean76

This is a bit about me and my Tanks.
    I have only been in to Marine fish for about 18 months now and I love the hobby. In saying that I have almost thrown in the towel, let me tell you why:
    You have tour tank running then you get fish some die and some live, then you find just one more fish that you like and you add it in................then all the fish get sick and die and this keeps on going like that..................until one day your world changes for the better and you decide to take the plunge and get a QT tank. Let me tell you this was the best thing I have ever done in Marine Fish keeping. There is nothing better that having fat, healthy fish in your main display tank. Too many people give up this hobby due to a fish killing the main display fish and having to start all over again. Some will say that you don’t need it and that they have never had a problem and so on.............., but all it takes is that one sick fish!!! In saying that I highly recommend a QT Tank. I QT all my fish for 4 to 6 weeks. The first 2 weeks is in copper.
    I have 2 x 3 foot wide tanks as you can see in the photo. They will be sold soon as I have just ordered my 5 foot wide and high open tank. Cannot wait to get it, should be getting it at the end of the month, yippy!!!! On my tanks I do a 20L water change every week with the exception of when I go away in December. I dose with Triple Buffer and Calcium in the week. The one tank runs with 4 T5 light and the other with 6 T5 light. I have put on a Main Trip Board on my tanks and control all the plugs from there, all so recommend this. I have a battery backup that runs the return pumps and one heater for each tank, plus a generator. I have a refugem in my sump with about 3 to 4 different algae plants and a light to keep it going.
    If there is anyone that would like to find out more about my system and the way I run my tanks, please feel free to ask. I have also added some more up close pics from my tanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael B

Michael B

Nicely written Boet & so true (thanks for teaching me all your lessons learnt) & your tanks look great. I just know that your new5-foot will be one of the best tanks.

All the best for the big move & tank build - God Bless

4. Evo R

Evo R

Really nice setups!!!
    What are the specs on your tanks?And price did you have in mind for them??

5. Tremayn

Tremayn

gorgeous

6. Dean76

Dean76 Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments. Evo R - I have sent you a PM

7. Tony

Tony

Well said

8. IMarine

IMarine

excellent way to introduce fish by qt tank the only way, unless the fish comes out of a healthy tank.

Recent Posts