This black slug thing

Reaction score
Howdie has anyone got any idea what this.It cam out with the lights off(only blue lights on) and gapped quite fast when the light on my cell came on to take a photo.
672495e72670950b.jpg

Goodisor - rather remove it.... I am not 100% sure, but something VERY VERY similar killed a carpet anemone of mine...... It actually ATE about a third of the nemmie, then the nemmie died......

Looks like some type of Nudibranch, however a better pick would be needed to make a positive ID

Im sorry but these are just as bad at least you can see the shape.He has been eating all the brown algae covering that particular piece of biorock.
Jacques,I went immediately to take him out but he has dissappeared again,I will have to keep my eye open for him
672495e778643444.jpg

672495e77a7e8678.jpg

Yip. certainly looks like some type of Nudi, I agree with Jacques, if your not sure take it out.

Is a nudi a bad thing?

Its like asking whether a man with a gun is a bad thing?... Depends is he protecting you or trying to kill you?

Some are good but not all, and the bad ones do much more harm than the good ones do good.

I don't think it's a nudi... I think it's a snail... but better pics are needed.

Its like asking whether a man with a gun is a bad thing?... Depends is he protecting you or trying to kill you?

Some are good but not all, and the bad ones do much more harm than the good ones do good.
Excellent way of putting it:lol:Lets hope its not a nudi then:p

I have a couple of these guys (or they look like yours) in my tank.
So far so good. (I've spotted them for over a year now).
It might be that they are not the same as yours.
But as soon as you shine a torch on them, or switch the TV room's light on they're gone...
And boy - they can move!
They are always "gracing" on my LR. So I recon mine is good.
Good luck!

I think from looking at him for a while now he definitely matches the Scutus or elephant slug description.That last pic from the link I posted is identical.

He just crossed fom one rock to another and it looks like his body is white underneath

Yep... told you... it's a snail. Even though it's on the "Slug" forum, the Scutus sp. are actually snails. ;-)

Btw, I LOVE these guys... I've even bought them.

Yep... told you... it's a snail. Even though it's on the "Slug" forum, the Scutus sp. are actually snails. ;-)

Btw, I LOVE these guys... I've even bought them.

Thanks Sihaya.I feel like I can breath again.

Shot guys for the very prompt replies.I will try and get some better pics if I can.I just dont have anything that takes a decent photo in the dark.

I have a couple of these guys (or they look like yours) in my tank.
So far so good. (I've spotted them for over a year now).
It might be that they are not the same as yours.
But as soon as you shine a torch on them, or switch the TV room's light on they're gone...
And boy - they can move!
They are always "gracing" on my LR. So I recon mine is good.
Good luck!
Yip Raven,you are right they can move quick when they want to.As soon as my camera light switches on to take the photo he starts to move rapidly behind a rock or something.

672499b24b4a5b7f.jpg
672499b2495b272f.jpg
672499b247e2fd1f.jpg
672499b2451291b1.jpg
672499b24256e455.jpg
672499b240508ce3.jpg
Ok I dont mean to revive an old thread,but I have got my camera back from repairs and I could get a better shot of this guy.....Does it make any difference or is the ID still the same(A scutus sp):
672499b23e9755ac.jpg

Actually... with the better pics, I don't think those are Scutus. Looks like an all black Stomatellid. Cool!

Back
Top Bottom