Thinking ....... Beeeeeggggg

Reaction score
Helllooooo .... Hey there all .... Nice to see all again ... been in the shadows for awhile and thinking of giving a shot again but as usual .... going big ... sorry bigger than last time ... still negotiating .... need some help though ... what's the going rate on a 2.9L x 0.7W x 0.7H with euro bracing in 12mm glass ... floor base is reinforced with a 20mm piece inside ..need to make an offer on this and a lot of equipment ... will get the lists soon and see if worth it

148449d3de82c5244.jpg

Good to see you back! That is a monster tank, will love to see you get the tank and set it up! Good luck and hope the negotiations go well! :)

welcome back @chikaboo
Depending on the condition of the tank. Secondhand tanks goes for about half of what they cost new, if a few minor scratches are noticeable. Plus the extra costs in transport and labour to get it to your place. That size you would need 10 guys to move it.

I would go for max 8000 if tank is in good enough condition. If spotless, then more.

I paid 6g for a 3.2m by .7 by .7 tank, but in 10mm. With stand cabinet and canopy. OK tank got a lot of fine scratches.

Thank guys ... tank is brand new ... chap never got a chance to get it wet except for me doing a leak test .... filled her up and emptied it after a week of checking for leaks ... and it's in NEWCASTLE so no so bad for transport ...

Welcome back. Nice sized tank. :thumbup:

How's your parrot?

Welcome back. Nice sized tank. :thumbup:

How's your parrot?
Thanx there viper357 ... hope I'm not gonna crash forumd this time round ... parrot needs to go on a diet ... He is getting obese ... We had to keep in his cage for awhile due to us having a rodent unwanted guest ... tried to trap him but eventually the maid brought us something that literally blew him up like 4 feet from where we laced some tomatoes with ... Some powdery poisen from the ghettos ... For awhile now had to priotorise but once a salty always a salty ... still have my old setup but had to move it to another room coz of my "frag"
20160201_111955.jpg

She loves the water so must start with this big boy soon and get her to do some specimen collections with me

R8k is probably a fair price, bought my 3.2mx80cmx80cm in 12mm with stand for that.

Hey dude good to see you still kicking!
Thanx leslie ... The salt is still running in those kicks to date .... can't get rid of it ... now going for a bigger dose of this fix than before just been lurking and prowling the forum all this while until now .... Time to get active again

Just getting all my ducks in a row ... any sponsors with salt on special? Or even members with bucket loads to get rid of ... need to get enough for this monster ....

Tagging, definitely one to watch. That is going to be a couple of buckets of salt to get started.
He he bud if it's going to break the bank then will have to do what I did in the past ... 1000 litres in a flow bin at the back of my bakkie from uShaka but don't want to go that route ... but that's only half

I had a similar size tank which had the same size sump. If I remember correctly I used about 2 and half to 3 buckets of 25kg salt. I bought seachem reefsalt and they were the best bang for buck at that time. Initial cost on these big systems are huge in the beginning but well worth it at the end.

I had a similar size tank which had the same size sump. If I remember correctly I used about 2 and half to 3 buckets of 25kg salt. I bought seachem reefsalt and they were the best bang for buck at that time. Initial cost on these big systems are huge in the beginning but well worth it at the end.
Thanx bud ... my biggest drama is courier costs to Newcastle especially since was thinking to get about 4 buckets so like 100Kgs ...

I feel you on that, not having any suppliers close by makes it difficult. Courier cost on 100kg can be a killer. Hope one of the sponsors can help you out, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha that poison is called one step

Once a rat chowed it nd my dog saw the rat and bit it my dig also died without even eating it

Back
Top Bottom