Thin blonde naso tang

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by Theo, 29 Nov 2011.

1. Theo

Theo

Hello all.
    Ive had a beatyfull 18cm magnificent fox fo about 2 months now. Last week Friday I bought a nice blonde naso tang thats about 11cm big.
    The blonde doesnt want to eat and is skinny. Now Ive got 2 questions. Firstly can it be because of the foxface? They dont seem to fight and they swim together, but the fox does seem to show signs of dominance over him. Secondly, I feed formula 1 and formula 2 flakes, green and red nori and formula 2 and some other frozen food, in short a huge variety of different foods. What else can I so or give the guy to get him to eat. Please everybody, I really dont want to loose this nice blonde and its been almost a week now. Oh yeh, if someone wants to know, the tank volume is 700l.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. pXius

pXius

Dude!

I've been struggling to get my naso to eat for 2 weeks until yesterday. I also tried loads of different foods including nori and combinations with garlic.

I picked up a bottle of Seachem Entice, soaked my pellets for 5 minutes and fed it to the tank. He immediately went mad and is eating well. He's still a bit stupid and doesn't eat the pellets once they hit the substrate but he's getting there.

I strongly recommend this product.

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

getting bigger or adult fish to eat is a lot more difficult compared to juveniles. But they tend to learn from others. So feed the Foxface whatever he goes crazy about. Nori is a good choice to get the tang going.

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

6. Theo

Theo Thread Starter

Entice? First time Ive heard of that. Also tried garlic. He swims up to it, turns around and swims away. ad if to tell me, yea right, and you eant me to eat that heap of garlic junck... On my eay to a lfs right now. Thanx boet, really appretiate it... Will keep you updated..

7. pXius

pXius

[​IMG]

8. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Then I got lucky. Mine also didnt want to eat but got it eating nori and soon after that he eats everything that goes in the tank.

You can try red plankton, iv found that it almost always gets finicky fish to eat, I even got my purple anthias to eat it.

9. saaid

saaid

I struggled with mine too which I bought about 3 weeks ago. Very shy fish at first and just cruised around on one side of the tank for two weeks. Also tried nori etc, he lost some mgs and looked very thin then last week decided to chow down on the rock below. Today its all fair game when it comes to feeding.

[​IMG]

10. Mastazee

Mastazee

It really really works fish go mad when that stuff is in the tank:thumbup:

11. darrencon

darrencon

maybe its fishnip :p :lol:

12. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

The guys are rite, mine only ate GREEN nori in the begining, now he eats anything, even daphnia.

13. Theo

Theo Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replys guys. Will start using the entice tommorow. Appreciate it... This guy is really thin...

Recent Posts