The Wife/Girlfriend Factor

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Im starting this thread just out of curiosity. Please state your wife/girlfriends input when it comes to your tank. I'll start it off. My wife has started to name everything that moves in my tank. :lol:

yip mine shows interest but some times she wants to moer me into the tank......i wonder why?:whistling:

i dont have either of the above due to technical difficulties;) but i live with my aunt and uncle and its the same thing here, aunt is naming everythin, and the uncle is always giving me shit about my hands being in the tank often moving stuff around and fixing things, very annoying:( but the aunt has out forward a sailfin even without the guilt side effect:thumbup:

Well now just as I started thinking she was getting into my world she drops the bomb..(We dont talk anymore all you talk about is your fish tank.) So feeling very dispondent at the moment and thinking of giving up this great hobby I have gotten to love so much.

I dont take the wife with to LFS. She'll have a heart attack. Anyone heard that your tank is your new wife. Heard it toooo much!!!!

Well now just as I started thinking she was getting into my world she drops the bomb..(We dont talk anymore all you talk about is your fish tank.) So feeling very dispondent at the moment and thinking of giving up this great hobby I have gotten to love so much.

:lol:....sorry dude...

so that tank you build was for free then...i'll take it:whistling:

I feel sorry for you all :razz:

I get in big trouble if i don't take the fiance when i buy livestock.
She is more addicted to the hobby than me . I had just finished putting the livestock in the new cube (subs evocube3) when she remarked "We should of gone for a bigger Tank":001_wub:

The only time I have any problems from the wife is when water overflows onto the lounge floor,but other wise I thinks she`s pretty happy with my chosen hobby.

She is more addicted to the hobby than me . I had just finished putting the livestock in the new cube (subs evocube3) when she remarked "We should of gone for a bigger Tank":001_wub:

You lucky Bru. Wait till after the wedding lol

you lucky man. she enjoys walking in a petshop and saying things like wow that's a nice fish etc etc.but doesn't like it when I constantly work on the tank:(

just say "would you rather I sat at the bar with my mates" she will change her mind quick...

my wife is very supportive , loves the tank due to my sons love for yellow tangs (mine which are being kept in his uncles tank).. she gets so excited whn we go to the petshop but does allow me to but something we both have decided upon..

you lucky man. she enjoys walking in a petshop and saying things like wow that's a nice fish etc etc.but doesn't like it when I constantly work on the tank:(

yip and we can work some serious hours on tanks hey;)

mine tells me...that see wishes to be my tank( with all the money and time i spent on it)

just say "would you rather I sat at the bar with my mates" she will change her mind quick...

tried it........ and guess what..... it didn't work:(

I am very supportive- I sometimes help my wife clean MY tank, but only sometimes:whistling:

Last edited:
Told me that the tank gets more attention that her.
But then again, the tank do not complain nor talk back.
hmmm...
tank --- silence:)
wife --- where is the mute?:whistling:

Dudes thats sad how your wives and girlfriends complain. I am lucky enough that she enjoys the tank as much as I do (except if she has to do anything more than just look at) My only concern is that one day when i die she will sell everything for what she thinks I paid for it. Keep Marining Chaps its a way of life!

Back
Top Bottom