The Vertex Skimmer Clan

It does seem awesome :). So I guess these are the best skimmers in the country? How is the build quality of these pumps? How long do they last? The reeftek OTP and BB pumps last for like 2years or so

seriously dude? .. 10 minutes of skimming and that's the colour of your skimmate? do your fish drink espresso?

@Tremayn you cannot compare these to any bubble blasters or OTP pumps, closest you will get is the Deltec but those as well as a notch below

Last edited by a moderator:
You tagged me but I had no notification!! You think a red dragon pump would fit on my skimmer? If the price aint to crazy and if/when my pump goes, maybe ill get something like this

seriously dude? .. 10 minutes of skimming and that's the colour of your skimmate? do your fish drink espresso?

but also his skimmer broke so he didnt have a skimmer for a day.. Lol but still, thats the diff between a TS and the best :p

Guys the Red Dragon pumps are the Benchmark pumps that most other pump manufacturers aspire to.

They are very efficient pumps and without a doubt the quietest.

The skimmers themselves are acrylic and a composite material is used for the skimmer cup and neck connection.

Last edited:
Even if you look at ratings of a alpha 300
It put out 4000 to 4600 liter air per hour
And it's diameter is 350mm

Now a deltec 3070s is rated for 6000L setup
It puts out 3400 to 4000 liter air per hour
And it's diameter is 300mm

So the alpha will out perfor it

@Loki I believe they did for a while :p .. I can see a water quality improvement since the new Vertex has been running. I am not dissing Reefteck , they make good affordable skimmers, but clearly there is a difference!

This skimmers manual says it has to be fine tuned after a 2 week run-in period. So if this is standard skimming, and only after 2 weeks you can realy fine tune it for optimum skimming, imagine what the skimmate is going to look like then :eek:

@leslie hempel you really wont be dissapointed.

Guys the Red Dragon pumps are the Benchmark pumps that most other pump manufacturers aspire to.

They are very efficient pumps and without a doubt the quietest.

The skimmers themselves are acrylic and a composite material is used for the skimmer cup and neck connection.

The skimmer cup lid alone alone feels incredible. You can actually feel that its a better quality product. Even the screw-in cup, it is so easy to remove and re-seal if you emty it. You reaaly dont need to take it off, this also has a nice 10mm drain in the cup.

Something else i forgot to mention - there is 2 airlines you can see in the pic, a clear one and a red one. The clear is air intake, the red is for OZONE. So you already have the OZONE port ready to go!

picture.php

Last edited:
It does seem awesome :). So I guess these are the best skimmers in the country? How is the build quality of these pumps? How long do they last? The reeftek OTP and BB pumps last for like 2years or so

If this is the case.. at least I have 1 Awsome bit of kit.

The skimmer is still chunking out the gunk, still as noiseless as possible.. it was really worth the trip and $$

I wouldnt run a Deltek down, they still amongst the best skimmers money can buy. Anybody with a new Deltek skimmer, lets see some skimmate.

I wouldnt run a Deltek down, they still amongst the best skimmers money can buy. Anybody with a new Deltek skimmer, lets see some skimmate.

I had a look at them and I was not that impressed
That is why I got the alpha 300

I had a look at them and I was not that impressed
That is why I got the alpha 300

You took the big boy, looked at it in the shop..

Also had a look at the Deltec skimkers, not bad at all, but cannot be compared to the Vertex, build quality is not the same. If you have not touched, felt or fiddled with a Vertex Alpha, you would not understand.. these are not you average skimmers.. go visit @Submariner at his shop T.S.R .. and have a look

Last edited by a moderator:
You took the big boy, looked at it in the shop..

Also had a look at the Deltec skimkers, not bad at all, but cannot be compared to the Vertex, build quality is not the same. If you have not touched, felt or fiddled with a Vertex Alpha, you would not understand.. these are not you average skimmers.. go visit @Submariner at his shop T.S.R .. and have a look
This i will agree with I have played with numerous deltec skimmers in the past their quality is tops but cannot be compared to the Vertex

heheheh the big daddy, i would suggest u get the swabby head cleaner for it as it will be a pain to clean that big boy

Back
Top Bottom