The Vertex Skimmer Clan

100_0369.jpg

100_0360.jpg

Got my Alpha300 from @Yuri yesterday(thanks again) installed last night (bit of a tight squeeze :whistling:) and already removing gunk. Will take photos tonight and upload

Last edited by a moderator:
cool @jumboswart hows the airdraw pipe diameter? hectic hey? what level of water are you running yours in?

Awsome.. Already 3 people.. see it is now a Vertex Skimmer Clan..

I know @Leslie hemple has been wanting one for a while now.. congrats buddy!

very hectic @leslie hempel, at the moment the water is a bit low at about 8 inches but will be changing my sump to accommodate this bugger

cool will be keeping an eye on your thread to see what you do.. i also have to make a small mod to the sump.. im basically adding a chamber to accomodate the skimmer.. im not sure what route of filtration im going to go hence me holding back a little..
im either going to continue with bio pellets or go zeo.. at which time i will decide on the flow pattern of my sump..

Awsome.. Already 3 people.. see it is now a Vertex Skimmer Clan..

I know @Leslie hemple has been wanting one for a while now.. congrats buddy!

Yep, and im very impressed.. its basically bubble king rebranded.. very stoked with this skimmer..

cool will be keeping an eye on your thread to see what you do.. i also have to make a small mod to the sump.. im basically adding a chamber to accomodate the skimmer.. im not sure what route of filtration im going to go hence me holding back a little..
im either going to continue with bio pellets or go zeo.. at which time i will decide on the flow pattern of my sump..

Also looking at going Zeo so maybe changing my whole sump and have everything internal

The skimmer is looking good !!
I can not wait to get my 2 x alpha 300 that is orderd from Nathan

ok so i have installed my alpha 200 this weekend, extreemly silent.. it started to pull dirt out of "clean water" i had collected for a waterchange and used to fill the neew sump i added prior to connecting and circulating the tank water through it..

my return pump is all that i can hear now..

very impressed with this piece of kit!

100_1748.jpg

100_1747.jpg

100_1743.jpg

100_1752.jpg

Just love these skimmers! Anyone in SA have the Alpha 300?
I would say you'r best bet would be Yuri and jumboswart...could also maybe ask Nathan who else ordered the 300 from him...:blush:

Got my Alpha300 from @Yuri yesterday(thanks again) installed last night (bit of a tight squeeze :whistling:) and already removing gunk. Will take photos tonight and upload

The skimmer is looking good !!
I can not wait to get my 2 x alpha 300 that is orderd from Nathan

If anyone has a Vertex Alpha 170 or 200 or 250 or 300 to sell to me...Please let me know, will pay and have it collected immediately.

Back
Top Bottom