The Vertex illumina club

AquaDepot should be able to help you further.

Aquadepot is in Australia

We do have Aquarium Depot in South Africa. Wholesaler. Do not think they support the Vertex lights?

Yes, it is Aquarium Depot, I shortened it. My Bad. They should be able to help. They are the official distributor for Vertex Aquaristik. Most of the questions users have with the lamps are not hardware related, rather software or user oriented. If one is not getting the needed infos, they should contact Max and CC him on any local communications.

@Kolognekoral still waiting on those pics :whistling:. Just on another note. I read on other forums that the Illumina range has been discontinued and that a newer light unit will be released in this year. Will there still be support for the SR260 and SR300 units and will it still be able to be upgraded to the newer light that is coming?

@EFJ I'll try to get Jamie to deliver the pictures

The Illuminas are still being produced. And of course we're still giving support for them. Can you please tell me on which forum(s) you read about this? I already got some emails stating these misinformation.
Regarding new lights I do not have news at the moment.

Cheers
Max

Hi Max. That is good news :thumbup:. One of the forums is Reef Central where is first saw this, hence me asking. The others I don't frequent much but are also quite popular sites as well. If you google Vertex Illumina discontinued you will find them. One of the main reason I went with Vertex was because of it's modular design thus staying up to date with what ever upgrades come along, a unit to keep lifetime and not purchase something in the future. Thanks.

Ok, I just checked Reef Central. I now know what caused the confusion. The SR200 is indeed not made anymore, but this is only due to the old LEDs that were integrated in the SR200.
As one forum member stated, the different versions of the SR200/SR260/SR360 etc. all share the same platform. They just use different/updated LEDs with different efficiency/performance. Everything else (Software/Connectors/Cables/Modularity etc.) is exactly the same.

Thanks Max for the quick reply. That makes me feel a whole lot better. Just on another note and I am sure you get this question a lot, what happened to the Cerebra controller?

Hey, EFJ,

haven't forgotten, just been busy and then caught a wretched cold. I'll attempt a few fotos today or tomorrow.

The current Illuminas are stronger than the previous ones. The one sold as the SR360 is actually an SR400 (higher PAR), due to LED improvements. My latest is from this line. I, also, made some custom AuxMods to test other colours, which includes the 660 deep red. I'm not convinced that any red is required, but the additional colour is fun to play with. It does tend to kill the effect of fluorescent red corals, such as Lobophyllia, Symphyllia, etc., while it does accentuate the non-fluorescent reds, such as the pocilliporins. Makes sense, as these reflect the available light. That said, the 620-630 reds are aesthetically to be prefered. Simply create a clearer non-fluorescent red.

Looking forward to what the custom aux pads do and how the corals react. I agree with the red been not really necessary but you never know with the other mix of colours what the look will be. Thanks for the reply and hope the cold blows over soon.

That video clip sold me, I definitely want this.
Wonder if it will hit our shores on the expected launch date though?

Can someone help please. My Vertex Illumilux power supply pins that goes into the light bar broke. Who will be able to repair it or where cab I get a replacement?

Replacements can be sourced from most shops but they will have to order one from Aquarium Depot who is the importer. It is not an off the shelf item.

It's the pins that connects the power supply to the lights - the blue and black pins like in the photo..

vertex-led-6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom