The Vertex illumina club

Abc

Reaction score
hey guys lets have a thread show casing tanks that run on the vertex illumina, please add what unit you got and give a before and after if possible and also growth pics especially of sps and colour progres.. Thanks guys

Abc

Reaction score
Here is my badboy the illumina sr360 300mm with a added multipad for a perfect full spectrum led. Tank not up and running yet.. Where are the rest?

WP_20130807_001.jpg

Reaction score
I use the 1500mm SR260 stock standard at this stage. Planning on adding 2 or 3 multi pads in the future.

This was the day I started with the illumina

And after running them for a year

So far I am exceptionally happy with the unit. If I take bulb replacements and electricity savings into account then this unit saved me around R7500 over the last 12 months. Still some time before the unit will have paid for itself but it definitely will.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love this tank.... you people should see this tank in real life... its stunning..
Thanks for the pic @mariusmeyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Reaction score
You want to see SPS colour hey? I will take a pic tonight of an encrusting monti coral some blokes abandoned at my place. Also being kept under a illumina in my frag tank. Not a bad looking coral now that its not brown anymore. :p

Abc

Reaction score
You want to see SPS colour hey? I will take a pic tonight of an encrusting monti coral some blokes abandoned at my place. Also being kept under a illumina in my frag tank. Not a bad looking coral now that its not brown anymore. :p
@mariusmeyer lol pics are always beter lol.. You should tell that bloke he has a sucky radion lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Abc

Reaction score
damn if you had to set your sr200 lower then my sr360 is gonna kill my 35cm deep tank

Top Bottom