The Tunze Skimmer Clan

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
A skimmer we dont hear alot about, but their new skimmers are awsum so anybody with pics or comments, here it is.

heres a pic of my old tunze just when i set it up
31052007006.jpg

Howdy. I got a 9010 in my one tank and in my 2m main tank I got the 9420.
This one is awsome, rated 2000l, if i need to upgrade ore want to skim more all i need to do is add another pump to it, then it can handle 4000l. Will take some pics the weekend and post them.

Are they very quiet ,can you hear them?Noise is a big factor when it comes to tanks in our house.

I have no problems with noise with the 9010. When you take off the collection cup, you can hear it, otherwise very silent. Yes, it's the "long square one" as opposed to the one in the first pic (I think those are called Tunze DOC skimmers). Rated for 1000liter.

Gentlemen/Ladies

Have a tunze 9020 for sale - almost new -- effectively 2 9010's stuck together to create a double barrel monster of hydrofoamers

Reason need the money -- let me know -- pm

Gentlemen/Ladies

Have a tunze 9020 for sale - almost new -- effectively 2 9010's stuck together to create a double barrel monster of hydrofoamers

Reason need the money -- let me know -- pm

Post in the for sale section. Pics help too;)

Installed the 9020 last night, switched it on and it bagan to make beautiful bubbles right away. Still need to fix a waste collector tank somewhere - for now the two tubes are just flowing into a 2liter ice-cream tub resting on the baffles. Already some dark-green gunk in there this morning.

So, I've upgraded my skimmer from a 9010, to a great-condition second-hand 9020, doubling my capacity. The 9010 is rated for 1000liter and the 9020 is rated for 2000liters. I have about 850liter, some of which are liverock, so this should be just great!

Thanks RaveMan!

i have a litlle small tunze skimmer conected to my mantis tank that i got from likesfish.
not that cool skimmer( it didn't do anythng much, hopefully it will kick in someday)
don't know the moddel, very small, do you guys know?

IIRC Tunze 9002
is this skimmer good for a 150L system with 3 fish some corals and mantis shrimp?

it doesn't pull out allot of crap yet, only have a mantis and damsel and one big sinularia

Back
Top Bottom