The start of my first tank

Reaction score
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG

Tank almost done
1.400 x 600 x 600
Just some cleaning up, more silicone and top bracing.
Next step modifying another tank for sump, then cabnit and aluminium stand.

Thanks! If you looking for glass Hi tech glass has the best price by far. Was quoted all the way from R 1600 - R 4200... Crazy the mark up these okes put on glass

Same here, almost thought the one shop misquoted me. . . What thickness glass did you go for? And normal or starfire?

After shopping around and hearing opinions I went with standard 10mm float....hence the bracing.
Personaly I can't really see the difference between starfish or float except the colour of the glass. Would like to compare a full starfish tank next to a full float tank.

Lol sorry predictive text doing its thing " starfire "

So presume you are going with a canopy since you are bracing?

What are you doing in terms of overflow?

This is still a tricky one but I think I'm going to go with a diy pvc coast to coast with 3 drain points, ideally I would of liked a corner overflow but due to the bracing on the bottom it makes it a little difficult unless I use an acrylic panel cut to shap.
The nice thing with the pvc overflow is that it sits quite high,creates good surface Area, easy to desemble for cleaning and your cuts through the pvc act as a barrier so fish dont go down the pipes.

Yip think I will build a canopy but in two minds with all the lighting options, Budget will be the deciding factor there

This is the diy pvc coast to coast. I'll make mine in black or blue depending on the colour of the back of the tank

If you run bracing doesn't mean you need to have a canopy. There is a lot of braced setups that don't have canopies (mine included) and look very good.

Exactly EFJ, was looking at some lighting units today with extendable arms...T5 but the set up looked really nice over a braced tank

Back
Top Bottom