The Rock Anemone - Epicystis Crucifer

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by ChrisRaubs, 16 Sep 2012.

1. ChrisRaubs

ChrisRaubs

So I came across this very interesting article in the Coral mag... Unfortunately due to copyrights I can not upload images, but if you image search " rock anemone " on google you'll get an idea of what they look like...

It was about the aquaculture of the rock anemone or also known as Flower or Beaded anemones... By the looks of it, it is not available to public reefs as yet, but the author of the article notes that it might be available as of next year...

It is REALLY an attractive anemone to have and is alot less lethal than other more common Condylactis Gigantea's... Apparently the brown / tan colors are very common, but the more rare red and green morphs are the stunning ones... It also appear to be reproducing relatively easy, which would be a bonus...

My only question is, will we be able to obtain them here in SA? How does the import of corals, anemones etc. work? is an individual even allowed to import?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

4. ChrisRaubs

ChrisRaubs Thread Starter

Spectacular indeed Belinda, you should see the pics in the mag,,,, breath taking... The question remains, do we get them here in SA?

Recent Posts