The quirks of being a reefer

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by red deacon, 16 Jun 2016.

1. red deacon

red deacon

Yesterday I lost a cleaner shrimp due to what I am presuming was old age. I had the guy for just under 3 years and he was one of my original cuc. He survived a few tank upgrades in his time but his greatest feat I suppose was surviving my lack of skills :001_cool: I suppose a lot of you are wondering what the hell is this dude on about. I mean its just a freeking cleaner shrimp. Therein lies the irony. Yup he was just a cleaner shrimp, but man that guy was my buddy. When I fed my fish frozen food ( about once a week ) this guy wanted his piece of lancefish from me and would take it out of my hand. He was the first thing I looked for when I checked my tank in the morning. I remember the absolute panic I went through when he molted on me for the first time, and the absolute joy I experienced when he popped out from where he was hiding later. In terms of cleaner shrimp lifespan I reckon he did well. Go well my little buddy and thanks for all the fun we had.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. linksar

linksar

Sorry for your loss. I can related. We absolutely love our cleaner. Named him johannes because he loves "jou hande". Fantastic little creatures.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Jul 2016
  4. r0ckf1re

r0ckf1re

Sorry dude. Also lost mine. I have no idea what happen to him. He was also awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: 20 Jul 2016
  5. CameL

CameL

aah man i went out for the day yesterday, came home and see the urchins have chowed my purple monti :(

Recent Posts