The Orphek LED light Clan

Ok - Had a HUGE blond moment! Was corrected by the Orphek guy today - I miss read, or misunderstood his note.... The cost per unit is not $2000 but $1000 and at the current Exchange rate, that make that R13k per light. He offered to provide the Hub at cost....

So now I am back to square one....price vs value...Radions vs Orphek :(

Now what??

Hello Guys, I received the mail back today and these units now come in at Just north of $2000US. That is R30k for one light - I need 6!! Not able to spend R180k on lights....:(
Yep. And theres the reason why it wont cut it in the SA market. Its a shame really. No wonder Zetlight is doing so well in our country.

Last edited:
Yep. And theres the reason why it wont cut it in the SA market. Its a shame really. No wonder Zetlight is doing so well in our country.

I have updated a post later - misunderstood the mail...it is roughly $1000 or R14k a light. So that is R84k without import tax and additional items....so easily round R100k.
Sorry for the misunderstanding - still a lot though!

Wow, looks nicely done. Any specifications available?

Just received my new lights. I am in awe.

Still a little setting up to do but very very impressed. I was always a believer in these lights but the V4 is in a class of its own.

Admittedly expensive at face value but I sincearly don't think there is a better LED on the market!

I've sold paint as a profession and I can tell you one thing.

The price of the drum is sometimes deceptive, it's the coverage you looking for. These lights cover ! Period!

Playing with settings today. Seriously impressed.dare I say these are the best lights I have ever ever seen.

Setting capabilities are phenomenal!

20180628_155119.jpg

ATLANTIK V4

The most technologically advanced with the highest performance level

and maximum photochemical efficiency

atl-v4_0_b.jpg

Be connected anywhere you go!
By launching groundbreaking technologies Orphek gained respect and recognition as a leader in Aquarium lighting technology

and innovation for reef aquariums lights. Our newest Orphek Atlantik V4reef aquarium LED lighting has taken a giant step

into the future with the newest internet technology.

The Atlantik V4 technology brings built-in wireless control allowing you to easily program, control, and monitor your light(s)

from your cell phone or tablet, any time and any place you are in the world, where internet access is available – Internet of Things or IoT.

Not only that, the app isFREE OF CHARGE! All you need to do is download the one compatible to your phone:

SO WHAT IS NEW?

Atlantik V4 combines 16 new types of custom made dual core LEDs in the nanometer range from 380nm to 850nm for

maximum photochemical efficiency.

Orphek has already settled the standard in the market for its advanced comprehension of color spectrums and its influences

on coral physiology and once again is releasing another cutting-edge and groundbreaking technology, by bringing a revolutionary

change in the spectrum provided by diodes and supplying its best product developed specifically for the needs of photosynthetic

marine invertebrates.

So Infrared 850nm is one of the new improvements?

Orphek innovations are mostly focused on the research to improve LED light spectrums and by doing so we have been a leader

in the market for years.

The starting point of this new Orphek product started with the idea of developing a new LED Lighting solution that would mimic

Nature by providing spectrums that are present in a natural environment.

Sun light provides a range of wavelengths and different lengths of light waves do not penetrate through the water equally.

Red light is the first to be filtered out and can only penetrate a short distance. If you look at a coral reef in Nature you will notice

that shallow reef corals live in warm waters.

The idea was to add to the ATLANTIK V4 enough infrared color to satisfy coral of all habitats. This new development

isn’t something that happened overnight. A year of testing and experimenting went into this project before we were convinced

that we came up with the ultimate spectrum for growing coral and the added benefit of viewing the coral with a more natural look.

The new ATLANTIK V4 LED Panel contains 16 new types of custom made dual core LEDs in the nanometer range from 380nm to 850nm.

atl-v4_5_b.jpg

WITH A SURPRISING ELEMENT!

One of our target goals with the V4 was also to try to minimize as much as possible the outbreak of cyanobacteria and/or the growth

of nuisance algae. Of course we all realize that without keeping proper parameters and religious tank maintenance is crucial and no light

or system will prevent that, but Orphek succeeded to offer a new spectrum that balances just enough red with other colors of

the spectrum to create a healthy balance of light.

We at Orphek feel that this is the most complete and beneficial spectrum ever created for a coral reef aquarium.

The new ATLANTIK V4 spectrum research resulted into the perfect balance between the light corals need and the overall

appearance you want to see in your tank.

Why the New ATLANTIK V4 is the best product Orphek has produced today?

• 16 new types of custom made dual core LEDs in the nanometer range from 380nm to 850nm
  • Renders most natural appearance to the tank form 10K to 50K
  • Provides enough RED and IR LEDs needed
  • Contains Full dimming capacity in all channels, 0-100% with progressive dimming
  • Provides IoT technology & Free apps available (App Store & Google play)
  • Gives the ability to control and program 200+ individual units!

What else Orphek is offering you that others are not?

• A LED light that is made of full acrylic body. Our light is not only solid and durable, but also beautiful to display
  • A LED light that has a length of 24.21” (615mm), a width of 9.37” (238mm) and a height of 2.11” (53.6mm)
  • A LED light that comes not with any driver, but with Mean Well driver(model HLG-240H-48A) – we give you what the market has best to offer!
  • A LED light that comes with a customized plugfor your region
  • A LED light that comes with a hanging kit with no extra costs

FEATURES

PROGRAM/CONTROL/MONITORING (IoT)

CHECK ATLANTIK V4 VERSATILITY AND WHAT IT CAN DO FOR YOU!

Connectivity & Monitorning

• Built- in Wireless Worldwide Remote and Local programming, control and monitoring
  • Compatible with Wi-Fi/ 3G and 4G Internet connectivity
  • Compatible with IOS (Iphone and Ipad) and Android (Cell and tablet)
  • Free apps available (App Store & Google play)

Programming

• Ability to program multiple Atlantiks individually, in groups or in unison
  • Eight pre-installed programs/ unlimited custom programs and group programming
  • Large storage with capacity for additional programs
  • Full dimming capacity in all channels, 0-100% with progressive dimming

LEDS & LENS

CHECK THE NEW SPECTRUM FOR OPTIMAL CORAL BEAUTY, GROWTH, COLOR & HEALTH!

• New 78 customized high efficiency 5w Dual-Chip power LEDs – total of 156 individual LEDs
  • New 16 different types of Dual chip wide range LEDs. 380nm UV to 850nm Infra red!
  • First company to introduce the Infra red 850nm
  • New Spectrum for better coral growth, color and health
  • Four separate control and programming channels
  • Lens Options: Wide convex for tanks under 42” deep and 90 degree narrow for tanks over 48” deep.

SPECTRUM & EFFICIENCY

• Highest PAR/PUR per watt
  • Highest Spectrum output
  • High efficiency power supply

CHECK WHAT COMES WITH YOUR LIGHT! (INCLUDED)

• Power cord with waterproof connector
  • Stainless steel hanging kit
  • Driver
  • Mean well Fan-less IP65 power supply

OPTIONAL ACCESSORY (NOT INCLUDED)

• 3m extension cable
  • Orphek Router (you can use your own)
  • Orphek Gateway – ability to control 200+ units

CHECK MORE DETAILS ABOUT ORPHEK ATLANTIK V4

WHAT CAN I DO WITH 4 CHANNELS?

• Achieve a Kelvin temperature between 18k and 30k: Channels 1 and 2
  • Achieve that deep blue/purple actinic look that causes coral to fluoresce and show color
that are not visible in the higher range of the visible spectrum: Channels 2 and 3

• Achieve a warm shallow sunlit reef and extend the range from 10K to 18K: combining Channel 4 with 1
  • Increase the overall range of the light to 10k-30k: combining all 4 channels and adjusting to your preferences

One more thing! If you like to take amazing photos of your corals and share them, Channel 4 is also great for photographing.

atl-v4_6_b.jpg

atl-v4_5a_b.jpg

WHAT CAN I DO WITH 2 LENS OPTIONS?

• Wide lens: Achieve very good light spread in tanks up to 40” deep and with minimal shadowing
  • Narrow lens: achieve strong PAR and very good spread in tanks 40” or deeper
    *Orphek do not recommend narrow lens in tanks less than 40” deep

WHAT ABOUT PAR & PUR PARAMETERS?

The Atlantik V4 employs high wattage and cool running five watt LEDs to produce PAR levels rivaling metal halide, but with

a very high Photosynthetic Useable Radiation (PUR).

ARE THE APPS REALLY FREE OF CHARGE?

YES! THEY ARE! JUST CLICK ON THE OPTION COMPATIBLE TO YOUR PHONE!

WHAT ABOUT THE GATEWAY? IS IT NECESSARY TO PURCHASE IT?

YES! YOU NEED TO PURCHASE ORPHEK MASTER GATEWAY.

By launching a ground breaking technology Orphek’s goal is to provide a solid and reliable control system that enables you to get

the look that you want for your tank, while providing the best light possible for your corals. By combining the wifi connection

with the Orphek Gatewayyou will be able to enjoy fast, out-of-the-box setup & the ability to control and program your lights from

anywhere in the world where internet access is available.

SPECIFICATION

Color/Materials

• Light Unit Body Material: Black acrylic housing and silver stainless steel grill

Weight

• Light Unit Weight: 16.7 lbs (7.6kg)
  • Power box Weight: 2.2 lbs (1.02 kg)

Package Dimensions / Weight

• Length: 28.3″ (720 mm)
  • Width: 16.5″ (420 mm)
  • Height: 7″ (180 mm)
  • Package Weight:22 lbs ( 10 kg )
  • Package V.W.:24.2 lbs ( 11 kg )

Cords

• Power extension cord with waterproof connector from Light Unit to Power Box: total 112″ (2.85m)
  • Power Cord: 59″ (1.5 m)

Hanging Kit

• 2 steel cables: 9.84” (250 mm)
  • 1 steel cable: 70.86” (1.8 m)

Dimensions

• Length: 24.21” (615mm)
  • Width: 9.37” (238mm)
  • Height: 2.11” (53.6mm)
Orphek-Atlantik-V3-dims-white-.jpg

Power supply

External Mean well Driver

Atlantik-V4_Mean%20Well%20driver.jpg