The Orphek LED light Clan

Have u guys seen the new slimlime 24" orphek lights?
Nice to retrofit them in an existing T5 unit and still keep T5s

R17K for how many v4s?

19905405_458706264500643_4571786050745668602_n.jpg

20106598_458702037834399_4504008006993765909_n.jpg

@almo alli
Please can you share with me how you went about getting these lights. I am very keen on getting 2 units.

My tank is 1.8.L x 1.0H or deep x1.0 W....think 2 units will work well.

I am very keen on all details please - like ordering, customs, waiting time, etc. would very much appreciate your insight on this!

Well you can order them directly from the states they do however ship from shenzeng it takes roughly 3 weeks to arrive . You will have to pay import duties in south Africa and vat . The good thing is that import duties not a lot coz they can ship and put a lower price on invoice there the import duties won't as much. my unit worked out to 17 k each with all other cost included go to orphek web page and leave a email request they will email you back to place order . They are web safe and EXEPT pay pal aswell

Well you can order them directly from the states they do however ship from shenzeng it takes roughly 3 weeks to arrive . You will have to pay import duties in south Africa and vat . The good thing is that import duties not a lot coz they can ship and put a lower price on invoice there the import duties won't as much. my unit worked out to 17 k each with all other cost included go to orphek web page and leave a email request they will email you back to place order . They are web safe and EXEPT pay pal aswell

Ok great - thank you. Your experience with the light thus far? What about coral growth?

The growth is amazing the light itself has been amazing as well my growth in the tank has almost tripled from the time I have the lights

@Christo sure.
I decided to redo my Orphek PR156W after I noticed some stretching Zoas. Luckily this model is a plug and play apart from the timers. The process was rather simple. We tested the power supply and drivers to make sure they where still okay. I imported some 3W chips and new 120deg lenses to complement them. The whole heatsink had to be removed, cleaned and new heatsink paste applied but thats rather cheap atleast. The lenses fit right onto the chips, another easy install. This light is very well built and easy to upgrade or fix. It uses meanwell drivers so also good quality. Thanks @RossK for the assistance.

I am still not finished with it. The color is still off and we will be replacing some reds with different colors to get the blue in balance.
Some pics....
IMG-20180115-WA0020.jpg

20180116_165128.jpg

20180116_164425.jpg

20180116_164925.jpg

20180116_185914.jpg

The new v4 are modular in design so if for any reason anything goes wrong everything inside is clip on and off . With the new gateway that you have to use diagnosis on the lights can be done directly from the states . As long the light can power on they can connect to it via gateway and send any parts required . They also very helpful and will assist with step by step parts replacement should anything go wrong with in warranty they will send the parts to you directly . This is one off the reasons why orphek doesn't need a sales rep in every country any more

I had a problem getting lights configured to the gateway all I did was give the guy my gateway number and he set it up for me from USA

Hello Guys, I received the mail back today and these units now come in at Just north of $2000US. That is R30k for one light - I need 6!! Not able to spend R180k on lights....:(

Back
Top Bottom