RSS The Orginal Aiptasia Zapper is patent pending device

Discussion in 'RSS Feeds' started by MASA Admin, 3 Mar 2011.

1. MASA Admin

MASA Admin Moderator

[​IMG]

The Aiptasia zapper which we shared with our readers back in September last year has been copied it seems. The original inventor of the aiptasia zapper is Paul Baldassano. He did what any smart person would do, submitted a patent application for a “Salt Water Kill of a Soft Tissue Organism”. The patent pending application, when approved would give him rights to a patent Infringement law suit to anyone copying the device. Right now, it looks like there is a copy-cat device being sold as the SWC Aiptasia killing device. Paul has made it quite clear that anyone selling the device or advertising the device would be subject to a lawsuit. We are not sure of the plans he has to market the device but rest assured that glass anemones have reason to be scared. A few of our Aiptasia outcroppings said they rather be eaten alive by a few Berghia nudibranchs versus being electrocuted. Slow death or instant kill?
    Related Posts:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. lIghty

lIghty

LOL, Scubanija better watch out :lol:

Wasn't too clever to show the world first LOL.

I feel like stirring the pot a little..... A waste of time if you ask me anyway, I wonder if he will take responsibility when it causes the aiptasia to spread like wild fire?

4. maxisoft

maxisoft

As far as the copyright is concerned, its to be seen how it was registered. Any slight change to the device by any "reverse engineer" will be admissable unless very carefully structured in the patent. Its what the Chinese and Koreans do on a regular basis, and I doubt the DIY units we create with a little power pack will have any bearing..... My 2c

5. Paul B

Paul B

A copyright is different from a patent and just protects the name. I have a patent pending for a full utility patent which protects the design from being copied, advertised or sold. The patent which costs in excess of $10,000.00 (US) is expensive because it covers any conceivable change or modification in the design. This is my 2nd aquarium related patent so I know about patents.

It may be a waste of time but I already sold over 200 of them without advertising and have another 200 spoken for. So far I have not gotten anyone to say that the aiptasia spread like wildfire or anything else.
    And, yes, I will take responsibility if the aiptasia spread like wildfire. :)
    This is the latest model only the newest ones are black

[​IMG]

Recent Posts