the most random s#%t

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by marine101, 1 Jun 2012.

1. marine101

marine101

:y13:
    This seriously happened, urban legend style.

so at 2pm, was feeding my quarenteen tank, in there is a 15cm beautiful powder blue, fat healthy and eating, basically ready to go to display.Mind u, after a previous white spot yadaya, all that.

so i turn on the lights, he gets a big fright, and at full speed head first into the heater. Turns over, stops breathing, and i shit u not, starts having a seizure!

now i know that most seizures abort spontaneously, but any seizure post head injury is ominous. but a minute late, starts to breath, flips right way up, and swims off, even eats.

So i walk in now, poor fish is dead, massive bruise to his head. SHAME MAN! Death by frikin concussion! ***!!!!!

now i mean seriously! ive been keeping marines for years! but this has NEVER happenned before! :eek:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. DOHCTOR

DOHCTOR

Lol
    Not trying to be rude or anything by laughing but these fish sometimes do funny things man.
    Sorry about your loss though,Powder Blue is one of my favourite fish,pitty I will never ever take that chance.

Earlier was feeding the Nori,my Scopa Tang was chasing or basically preventing the other fish from eating
    It,yet the Scopa never had any either. It all ended with the Foxface eating then being chased whilst the Regal eats then the Scopa chases the Regal and the Foxface then eats.

*sorry for the Hijack*

Hope you get a new Powder soon

4. marine101

marine101 Thread Starter

Man, these tangs do some crazy shit.

Well, at the moment I've got regal, yellow, clown, sailfin, foxface, orange shoulder. The powder blue at that size was gona make a sweeeeet addition to my tank, but now, damn!
    Yeah, gona look out for a powder blue, or maybe rather a goldrim, or maybe both at the same time? Mmmmmmmmm

5. crispin

crispin

poor fish, you must have scared the life out of him when you turned that light on!

i had a similar thing last week when the swallows arrived from africa after their anual migration. The barn has been upgraded and fixed into a wedding venue and had windows installed, they flew in through the door like they have their entire lives and the straight into one of the big new windows. One died ad the other was knocked silly, but some careful treatment and a little sugar water seemed to help it. But rather sad to fly half way around the world and be killed cause womeone put a window into a barn!

6. Broder

Broder Mudshark

Wierd! Why were the lights off at 2pm?

7. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

I've had surgeons do stuff like that before. Stupid fish.

8. Tremayn

Tremayn

Sorry boet.. My damn regal randomly gets scared then starts darting around the tank fragging sps. Stupid fish. Im only going to be keeping small fish from now on, unless I find a nice naso blonde :p

Recent Posts