The JNS Skimmer clan

Hi - Who in SA retails JNS equipment - I am looking for a spare o-ring for a JNS media reactor - have tried DIY o-ring solutions but struggling to get unit to seal. Thanks

Hi guys - looking for some advice on this skimmer performance. The skim mate doesn't represent what would come out currently, as I've been messing about.

The skimmer is a JNS ConeS c0-3 with a SP4000 pump. I understand this pump probably pushes a bit more water than the original.

I've attached a clip of how it is currently setup - in about 220mm water depth. The bubbles transfer from water/bubble mix to rising micro bubbles super low in the body and rise all the way up the neck. If I tune it any lower, the bubbles just become very large in the body.

Is there a way to tune it so that the small micro bubbles continue rising up the neck making a more dense foam? Maybe there is too much air being pulled into the skimmer? @leslie hempel I know you know a thing or two about skimmers!
I'm sure it is running well as is, but maybe I can optimise the performance.
Thanks!

Last edited:
hi @craigo apologies for the delayed reply, i have had limited internet, i think its difficult to assess as they skimmate produced will be representitive of what your water contains. and skimmers (all tyes) can be influenced by alot of factors in their skimate yield.

but given the video you posted i think the skimmer is performing well if you look at the head of formed foam in the neck.

Great! Yeah that makes sense.
Turned down the air intake a little and bubbles seem to be much finer. Still producing a thick head of foam

Pulling nicely now - cleaned the neck with a card and carry on.

58E46A1A-8776-478E-9F8B-1191B7DE7F07.jpeg

awsome, the new skimmers have arrived and are available through retailers throughout SA, ASK for JNS you will not be dissapointed.

great price for performance and they are beautifully constructed!

top quality protein skimmers!

Hi Guys do anyone know where I can buy this JNS skimmer pump please?
20190323_122152.jpeg

Hi @Radies

i have mailed the supplier as i have had a number of parts quieries from the past shipments brought in, because of this we are trying to expidite our parts order to the second main order to try make the items cost effective for the recipients.
i should have feedback monday.

if you can just please pop me a mail as i will then follow up with them and get back to you asap!

lesliehempel@gmail.com

I would also be interested in a Shark 3.0 for my Cones C0-3

Hey guys, anyone know where I can get a automatic Vertex Neck cleaner for my SK-5 in SA and a rough price?

Also on a side note, anyone know where I can get a delayed timer plug for my skimmer? IE i want it to start 30 seconds after my return pump (incase of power failures) as it is in a compartment in my sump where the water level obviously rises when no power, and is too high (skim cup fills with water) after a power failure etc.

I will be adding a ups system to the tank as soon as I have done my cabinet

wonder if a place like ACDC or the likes will sell those plugs? Im actually also looking for one but never looked.

Back
Top Bottom