The greatness of the Internet

Discussion in 'Internet' started by neo, 30 Mar 2010.

1. neo

neo

After 20 odd years in the computer industry I am still amazed at the information available on the Internet.
    Yesterday my wife's car visited the mechanical geniuses to fix the internal blower which stopped working.
    Got a call at 12:00 telling me they have to strip the dash to get to the motor and resistor block, the strip alone will cost me, wait for it, R1500, only then will they be able to tell me what is wrong.
    So I stopped them and jumped on the internet and within 5 mins got an explanation of how to get to the desired items.
    Last night I unscrewed the cubby and within 12 minutes extracted both the blower motor and resistor block, seems that the resistor block burned out - replacement R160. So for R160 and 12 minutes stripping and 12 minutes re-assemble time I will have it fixed myself, and they wanted R1500 for the stripping alone......
    But if it havnt been for the info on the net i never would have been able to do it...
    ViVa la Internet, ViVa:yeahdude:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

LFS of the motor industry! :)

4. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

LOL! Yeah Neo - I found COMPLETE workshop manuals for my Jeep Cherokee on the 'net!

Recent Posts