The Gift

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
And i thought you were talking about me:whistling:

Looks more like a zoa than an aip, but can you shine a torch on it and take another pic?

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
If it is an aiptasia (looks like it to me) take the rock and and kill the swine before they spread.

Reaction score
I take a better pic tomorrow nite when I have the digicam back, mobile phones just don't do the job.

Reaction score
Yep, looks like aiptasia. Pretty crap gift if it is. :lol:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Wee-Man Last night I voted for you, but this time it seems as if Waldo confused you brother?

aiptasia1.jpg

Just wanted to be sure before you started murdering anything, the piccie wasn't great, but it probably is an aip, i had beer goggles on last night:whistling:

Kryofrozen

My fish have names!
Reaction score
How big do aiptasia get? Do they come in different colours? I have a few red/brownish ones in my nano... They came with the rock, they haven't spread or multipled though...???

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Cher - Aptaisia can get quite big - I have one's in my tank that stands about 7 or 8cm tall when fully extended. Their natural coloring are reddish-brownish-pinkish....

You are lucky if yours have not yet multiplied.... Perhaps you can post a picture of it? As close-up as possible? Have you seen the pictures I posted above in this thread? Does this anemone you are mentioning look like this?

Reaction score
well I aim to please
warr im sorry about that wasnt aware of them ass jaq said verry little rock doesnt have them

Reaction score
well I aim to please
warr im sorry about that wasnt aware of them ass jaq said verry little rock doesnt have them
No problem dude, just nice of you, to give me a little extra. Also now given me a challenge to try smuggle an aiptasia slug into the country :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
just inject it with some lemon juice dude