The first meeting

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hello people!
As you can see we have founded a club and venue(Thanks to scubaninja for arranging the venue).
When would you guys suggest we have our first meeting? We want to make it suitable for all members and guests. As scubaninja has mentioned that the venue is available on Thursday's.
At the first meeting we would like to elect a Chairperson and a commitee, meet and get to know one and other and decide how often we want to host our future meetings etc.....
Sponsors, your presense will be appreciated to introduce equipment new and old and share knowledge to get people who are enthusiastic about Reefkeeping. This will allow the hobby to grow!
Try and get all your buddies, family and anyone that you know who is interested in reefkeeping to join us, the aim is to be civilised and formal. When i say 'formal' we can still get together after the meeting and have braai's, party's etc.....
Tank tour's will also be a +, and whatever else our members decide on :)

Our registered members so far:

Lighty
Real life
Mekaeel
Shiks
Andreas
scubaninja
ben lloyd
Warren aka H0nda42
Preshan
gaz19
Alan
DragonReef
George (Tunze)
Shane
Leigh (Reef Inmates)
Surfer Girl (Reef Inmates)
Sunburst
Thalion
Tokkie
Roadblock
Yash
Reef Nudi (Eco Aquatics)
dono
millepora (Eco Aquatics)
Mike Harris
Aaron Reddy
creyneke
kalkwasser
wozzy

There will be more guests from scubaninjas dive club ( UKZN underwater club(howard college campus) )joining us at the meeting. (Thanks once again scubaninja)

Last edited:
Reaction score
thursdays cool with me...will bring sum 2 litres and paper cups ? if the guys r thirsty

Reaction score
Well, there is a bar there and stuff to buy is available. There are other days we could try, possibly the first meeting could be a thursday to sort out a commitee and then we could move it to the weekend once we've got things organised? Yup dive courses would be available, there are many REALLY experienced dive masters there so you're in capable hands. Dive club members get discount prices so it may be in anybody whose willing's interest to become a member if you dive often etc. I'm not saying anyone has to, the discounts just help out if dive often and want to save $$$$.

Muz

Reaction score
Nice guys.. good luck, if you need any assistance from the club side let me know.

Muz

Reaction score
hey lighty how u knew i drive a 3lt ford...u also on the racing forum??

Reaction score
when i'm gumming down for the meeting i'm brining a container and i want a frag from you guys because i have to travel 300km.
:thumbup:

Muz

Reaction score
will you be coming muz?can we add you onto the list? where you based?
Yea, maybe if you have a meeting in late December I will come as I am climbing in the Berg over Xmas.. based in CT !!

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Best of luck to you Durban guys with your club.

Muz, how's the CTRC going? Haven't heard much about it lately. Hows the training going?